Sept. 12 - 18, 2016 Nightly Dinners
  Re: (...)
Let's give this a try and decrease the repetition of such short threads - if the neighborhood increases this fall, we can go back to daily. Sound o.k.??

Monday, 9/12/16
I'm making some kind of soup to use up a lot of flavorful leftover dibs and dabs in the fridge.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sept. 12 - 18, 2016 Nightly Dinners by cjs (Let's give this a tr...)
I had some chili in the freezer, so took that out to have chili dogs tonight.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sept. 12 - 18, 2016 Nightly Dinners by Mare749 (I had some chili in ...)
I think we are just having ground beef and bean burritos or tacos. Something simple to start the week out.
  Re: Re: Sept. 12 - 18, 2016 Nightly Dinners by Trixxee (I think we are just ...)
Burgers here. It's the first day in a while that it won't be in the 90s, so I'm in the mood to grill.
  Re: Re: Sept. 12 - 18, 2016 Nightly Dinners by karyn (Burgers here. It's t...)
Let's try this one more time!

As promised, here is our lunch today. I had the fresh red snapper sandwich special. It was very good, but I should have switched with William. I wanted to get what he got, but it was too much to get two. Although he did share. It was pretty cool! It's called Bird's Nest Chow Mien. The gravy softens the noodles as you eat. It was really good and would easily feed two. He didn't like it all that much, so I get to order it next time.

Photobucket or the forum is being difficult. If this doesn't work his time, I'm emailing them to you Jean!

[Image: Daphne%201_zpspfuozc1p.jpg]

[Image: Daphne%202_zpsgl0clc7v.jpg]
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sept. 12 - 18, 2016 Nightly Dinners by Gourmet_Mom (Let's try this one m...)
Wow!! Those dishes look great!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sept. 12 - 18, 2016 Nightly Dinners by cjs (Wow!! Those dishes l...)
Thanks for the help, Jean! Looks like I need to find a new photo storage site. If the pop up ads weren't bad enough today, the inability to get the links to work was super annoying!

Yea, everything they serve is always nicely plated. I forgot to point out that the small container toward the back of my plate was their chipotle spread, and the covered container is the best baked potato salad I've ever had! Their hand cut fries are super good, but I like this better and is a healthier option...in mind anyway! LOL!

Also, the chow mien had shrimp, in addition to chicken. I was shocked to learn there were chunks of pineapple I addition to the usual veggies. They were slightly sweet, but I don't think I would have realized what they were if I hadn't asked. And I'd drink that "gravy"! It was really cool how the fried noodles slowly softened up as you ate. They don't have it often, but I will be having that the next time it's on special. BTW, his plate was about as big as my head! LOL!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: Re: Sept. 12 - 18, 2016 Nightly Dinners by Gourmet_Mom (Thanks for the help,...)
Oh Daphne, you are really making me miss Southport! Great looking meals today!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sept. 12 - 18, 2016 Nightly Dinners by Mare749 (Oh Daphne, you are r...)
See???? " I was shocked to learn there were chunks of pineapple I addition to the usual veggies."

sometimes fruit in savory dishes works...
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sept. 12 - 18, 2016 Nightly Dinners by cjs (See???? " I was shoc...)
Tuesday's Dinner, 9/13/16??

It's our Bar Hopping night, so just some soup around noon for us.
www.achefsjourney.com