Sept. 19 – 25, 2016 Nightly Dinners
  Re: (...)
Monday's Dinner, 9/19/16??

Interesting shopping trip for Roy Richard yesterday – he went off the reservation big time! Among the couple of things I had sent him for, he found some goodies and went for it. He had heard me mumbling about not having any ground beef in the freezer, so here he comes with 10 lbs. And, at the other end of the spectrum, Lobster tails are on sale…I now have 12 tails in the freezer.

We should have some interesting dinners in the coming weeks. The only dish I’m sure I want to make is a Lobster Melt. I love Crab Melts and I’m thinking lobster ‘coins’ with a nice Béchamel sauce and a little cheese to top all off will be delicious. But, not today.

Have no idea yet for today….
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Sept. 19 – 25, 2016 Nightly Dinners by cjs (Monday's Dinner, 9/1...)
W're grilling flank steak. I'll serve it with a green bean salad and some garlic French bread.
  Re: Re: Sept. 19 – 25, 2016 Nightly Dinners by karyn (W're grilling flank ...)
We are having the BBQ glazed meatloaf from "Cuisine Tonight for Two". Mashed potatoes and peas on the side. I brought home two little cream puffs last night so that will be dessert if they aren't too soggy.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sept. 19 – 25, 2016 Nightly Dinners by Mare749 (We are having the BB...)
even soggy....

Happiness is - a batch of corn relish done!!
[Image: Sept%2019%20Corn%20Relish_zps8b221nmu.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sept. 19 – 25, 2016 Nightly Dinners by cjs (even soggy....[br][b...)
Wish I had a couple of lobster tails in the freezer!

We are making teriyaki chicken bowls. Was all I could come up with. This humidity is killing me, definitely not used to it here.
  Re: Re: Sept. 19 – 25, 2016 Nightly Dinners by Trixxee (Wish I had a couple ...)
Tuesday's Dinner, 9/20/16??

What's on the menu for today?

No clue here - I've got to get on the stick and get some planning done.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Sept. 19 – 25, 2016 Nightly Dinners by cjs (Tuesday's Dinner, 9/...)
Trixxee, the humidity is what gets to me also. I was complaining about the hot summer we had here, when really it was the humidity that was so bad, 80 to 100% some days!

We are having Caprese Burgers, the recipe that some of us reviewed a while back. I have actually been able to find some good late summer tomatoes from a farm and have been eating them every day on or in something!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Re: Sept. 19 – 25, 2016 Nightly Dinners by Mare749 (Trixxee, the humidit...)
I was thinking about making a corned beef but yesterday they were $6.99/lb. I'm not paying $30 for a piece of meat. LOL.

I may just pick up some corned beef from the deli and make Reuben's.
  Re: Re: Sept. 19 – 25, 2016 Nightly Dinners by Mare749 (Trixxee, the humidit...)
Quote:

Trixxee, the humidity is what gets to me also. I was complaining about the hot summer we had here, when really it was the humidity that was so bad, 80 to 100% some days!

I've obviously lived away from California for too long. I hated it last weekend when the humidity was down because that meant that the lake was cooling off really quickly and summer was pretty much over...and I think San Diego is cold in the summer. I like my warm blanket of humidity. I guess you just need to adapt to sweating in the shade after 5 minutes (which, by the way, was an old WW definition for moderate exercise! LOL!)

We have been warm and humid this week so I've been happy.

Tonight we had the steak dinner I had planned for last night because last night we went out to the local pub for dinner and drinks with neighbors. I love spur of the moment changes in the plans!
  Re: Re: Sept. 19 – 25, 2016 Nightly Dinners by karyn ([blockquote]Quote:[h...)
Me too and I'm ready for a pub nite!
www.achefsjourney.com