Dinner Thread - 10/3 - 10/9/16
  Re: Dinner Thread - 10/3 - 10/9/16 by cjs (Well, here we go - B...)
Be careful, Labs!  I hope you will be able to check in before too long after the storm passes.

Andrew is headed to Georgia to deliver a truck load of generators.  I hope he gets out before it gets too bad.

I spoke too soon!   Dodgy  They have changed the track back to closer to our coast than it was to start with.  Hopefully, it will weaken enough not to cause too much wind damage.  We had areas inland that were under water just last week.  More rain and wind will cause trees to fall.   Undecided

OOPS!  Forgot this was the dinner thread.  I am making up a big batch of Chicken Pastry, Chicken Salad, and deviled eggs.  I'm also prepping a large casserole of Hamburger Pie.  That should get us through the weekend with the addition of two packs of BBQ and one of Country Fried Steak in the freezer.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: RE: Dinner Thread - 10/3 - 10/9/16 by Gourmet_Mom (Be careful, Labs!  I...)
Is that for the Red Cross, Daphne? Safe travels, Andrew!

I'm thinking about doing the black pepper fish that I was talking about last week. Even have the Chinese broccoli to go with it. Will have some rice on the side to tame the heat if we need it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
No, it's not Red Cross, I don't think. This is something this guy does for a living for commercial use. He sells commercial equipment.
Daphne
Good God Almighty, why is that avatar so darn large?????????????????

Oh, thank God the avatar is small again!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Tonight it's Chinese almond chicken.
I think we're getting something from that little healthy mexican place I posted about a couple of weeks ago.  I think I'm going to try something new. 

Burrito de Camaron or Calamari $8.50

Seared and finished with garlic butter, cabbage relish, chipotle sauce, and cheeses, topped with guajillo sauce and melted cheese.

Big Grin

That lobster melt looks like heaven on a plate.  Jean - what size tails did you use those cooking methods/time for?
OH yea, I forgot to drool over your lobster melts, Jean!  They look so creamy, yummy, delicious!  Tongue

What avatar?  Haven't taken time to figure this new site.  Maybe tomorrow before we loose power?  Cause I'm done cooking for the next few days.  I now have enough food made and ready to warm to last a week or more.  So we are ready.   Big Grin

Oh, and Red, thanks for the reminder about pastry!  It was yummy as always, and I now have a big pot for several more meals, plus the big bowl of chicken salad (We use the chicken for the salad rather than put it back in the pot.  BONUS!) 

Thank goodness for gas stoves and grills in a power outage!  Not to mention learning how to use both creatively in the past so I'm prepared!  Cool
Daphne
  Re: RE: Dinner Thread - 10/3 - 10/9/16 by Gourmet_Mom (OH yea, I forgot to ...)
Jean, those lobster melts look amazing! I have the same question as Trixxee regarding the size. I can't wait to try your cooking method. It sounds perfect.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: RE: Dinner Thread - 10/3 - 10/9/16 by cjs (Red, we need/want to...)
I was just thinking that I needed to do that. I promise I'll get around to it! Is there an existing thread for intros?
That's funny Red, I woke up in the night wondering where that thread was for you to use!! (This darn new forum is driving me to drink plus keeping me awake!! Smile )

I'll go look for it and make it a sticky!

Saturday's Dinner, 10/8/16??

I almost hate to make a dinner post today given what so many of you back east are going thru. But, our appetites go on, don't they?? So, what's on the menu for all today??

I made a condiment yesterday for chicken sandwiches - mayo, candied jalapenos, grainy mustard, pesto and bacon - but after adding all the goodies I had way too much for our measly little sandwiches. So, I think I'll make chicken patties today and use this for the 'glue.' The flavor is wonderful.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com