Dinner Thread - 10/3 - 10/9/16
  Re: Dinner Thread - 10/3 - 10/9/16 by cjs (Well, here we go - B...)
Tony is making these swedish meatballs that Blane recommended.  He's also making a red cabbage dish and I'm making mashed potatoes. 

http://damndelicious.net/2014/02/21/swedish-meatballs/
Another night when everything sounds so good, especially Maryann's feast.

I sure that you'll like the meatball recipe Trixxee.

Dinner for us is down and out in Chinatown Chow Mein with house special pan fried noodles. Big Grin
I'm down to the last of my pre prepped meals for the storm.  Good thing I did that.  We are actually having real food instead of canned.  Tonight I'm finishing off my Hamburger Pie.  Good thing, too!  The fridge internal temp has gotten to the point I had to empty perishables today.  

We had an ice crisis today, but a friend at a local convenience store posted on FB that they were open for cash only sales.  So that crisis averted.  Another friend posted a few minutes ago that one of his stations has power 20 miles away, so now we are good for gas.  We will probably take all vehicles and tanks to fill up tomorrow.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Thanks for the update Daphne - is the water rising around you??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: RE: Dinner Thread - 10/3 - 10/9/16 by losblanos1 (Another night when e...)
(10-09-2016, 06:36 PM)losblanos1 Wrote: Another night when everything sounds so good, especially Maryann's feast.

I sure that you'll like the meatball recipe Trixxee.

Dinner for us is down and out in Chinatown Chow Mein with house special pan fried noodles. Big Grin

Blane, you are always able to make me laugh! Big Grin

Daphne, is the water still rising??? At what point do you decide it's time to leave?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."