Hurricane Matthew can kiss it!
  Re: Hurricane Matthew can kiss it! by redbedhead (Here I am in Coastal...)
And so it begins.  First rain bands have moved in.  I'll check in when I can from now on.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: RE: Hurricane Matthew can kiss it! by Gourmet_Mom (And so it begins.  F...)
So far, so good here. Just bracing for an ungodly amount of rain. 

Hope everyone else is well.
Oh Daphne, we all hope you all get thru this safely and the weekend passes quickly.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: RE: Hurricane Matthew can kiss it! by cjs (Oh Daphne, we all ho...)
Stay safe Daphne and Red! Check in when you can!

Has anyone heard from Karyn? Just remembered she is in Georgia!!

Might take Labs a while to check in. Heard from relatives they are without power, but safe.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
All is well so far.  Just sitting here watching the lake rise.  Flooding is going to be the big story after the storm passes.  Even the local stations are making references to Floyd today.
Daphne
Piddle - Karyn!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Still here! Winds seem to be easing off now, hopefully. No power and water is a bare drizzle. But other than that we seem to be making it through the worst of the storm. Can't assess trees down in the dark. Anxious to see what daylight brings. We heard numerous trees go down during the worst of the back side winds.

Just in! William just got back from checking on our neighbor. They grew up together. A tree has gone through her house. Luckily, she was not in the part of the house where it went through. He and another friend are over there now trying to see what needs to be done.
Daphne
Oh, I hope William does not overdo the helping that I know he feels he has to do, Daphne.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: RE: Hurricane Matthew can kiss it! by cjs (Oh, I hope William d...)
I was thinking the same thing as Jean. Hope he doesn't overdo it, Daphne. Sure was kind of him to go check on the neighbor, but then it doesn't surprise me one bit because I know that's how he is.

Hope you are able to check in today and let us know how it's going.

Red, are you able to check in? We still need to hear from Labs and Karyn, too.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Power was restored last night. Cleanup is under way. We only had to rake up a bunch of leaves and twigs and move a few branches to the curb. A few roofing shingles came off, but from the hip of the roof where they overlapped other shingles, so there weren't any leaks and we did find the displaced shingles on the lawn.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?