A Couple Of Rants For This "New" Forum
  Re: A Couple Of Rants For This "New" Forum by BarbaraS (It took me a while t...)
Jean, I think he's talking about the "View New Posts" feature at the top of the page.

And thank you to whoever fixed it so that I see avatars and signatures.

I do have a question about pictures, but I'll put it in the other thread so it can be seen sooner.  I assume that thread is being watched?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: RE: A Couple Of Rants For This "New" Forum by sysadmin (I just found the set...)
SysAdmin, do you set it for all of us because it still isn't working for me.  When I click on a thread I am directed to the first post every time.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: RE: A Couple Of Rants For This "New" Forum by cjs ("[color=#333333][siz...)
No, that is not what I meant by it remembering 7 days. What I meant was that, on the main page, the software will remember that you have or have not read a forum for 7 days, and on the forum pages, it will remember that you have read or not read a thread for 7 days.
  Re: A Couple Of Rants For This "New" Forum by BarbaraS (It took me a while t...)
"you have or have not read a forum for 7 days, and on the forum pages, it will remember that you have read or not read a thread for 7 days."

So, is there an icon or something I can see which tells me this??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: RE: A Couple Of Rants For This "New" Forum by cjs ("you have or have no...)
All I know is that I go to the first post in any thread.  This is annoying.  This is probably why I can't tell if there are new posts in a thread.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
Barbara,

That was annoying me, as well, but it appears that if you are using the full or desktop version of the site, when you click on "Last post" in the right-hand column for a given thread, it does, indeed, take you to the first unread (for you) post in the thread, not just the very last one. Thus, the functionality to which we had been accustomed has just shifted from the thread-title link to that "Last post" link (which would probably be more accurate and more intuitive if it were labeled "New posts," instead of "Last post").
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
Labs - bear with me -

"if you are using the full or desktop version of the site, "

what does that mean?? Do I have to choose a version?
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
If you are on a mobile device, the site displays the page differently in order to fit the smaller screen better. Sometimes that means that things wind up in different places or that certain features aren't even present.

Browsers on mobile devices have a "Request desktop view" menu option to cause the site to ignore the detection of your mobile device and show the full version of the site as it would appear on a desktop (or laptop) computer. Just in case, though, many sites (including this forum) provide a "Full version " link (usually at the bottom of the page) so you don't need to find the browser's menu option.

So, what I had mentioned earlier was from using the "full version" option but, since then, I have noticed that the mobile version of this forum does have a link that says "Last" for each thread. Either I hadn't noticed that before or it's just been added.

Either way, the "Last" or "Last post" link seems to do what we had been used to in the old forum.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
I sure didn't see any 'last' prompt when I came on....
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: RE: A Couple Of Rants For This "New" Forum by cjs (I sure didn't see an...)
Yessssssss!!!  Now it works!!   I go to the first unread post!!  Thank you!!

Barbara