Dinner Thread - 10/10/16 - 10/16/16
Question    
Dinner - Monday, 10/10/16??

What's on the menu for everyone today??

Dinner has been so screwed up the last couple weeks - Roy just doesn't have any appetite (he hasn't been able to work up one Sad  )so it's hardly worth cooking. But, I'm going to temp him with pesto pasta topped with a Chicken patty today. One of his favorites.

Talk about dinner being screwed up - Geez, who am I to complain after reading Daphne's posts and hearing about the circumstances on the east coast.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Thread - 10/10/16 - 10/16/16 by cjs (Dinner - Monday, 10/...)
Jean, I'm sorry that Roy is still feeling so bad! Hope he is on the mend soon!

After four days of heavy meals, it's back to reality for us. We have some l/o pork, so tonight will be Cuban sammies and a mixed green salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I hope Roy gets better,  We are going to do crab stuffed jumbo shrimp in our deep fryer.

Hope Roy feels better soon. 
We are frying panko crusted crab stuffed jumbo shrimp. Smile
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
Poor, Roy!  I hope he feels better soon!

The Hamburger Pie last night was soooo good.  Had more for lunch.

When we got ice Friday, I took a chance and put two bags in the freezing unit, hoping it would help.  Andrew brought the generator over so we could plug in and get a little tv time.  The first thing I did was open the freezing compartment... I didn't want the melted ice to freeze into a solid block.  I was thrilled to find nothing had thawed and the ice had not started to melt!

Tonight I'm cooking my shrimp.  I'd love to do the scampi, but under the circumstance, I think a simple shrimp boil will have to do.  Now to figure out what to do with my boiled water in the pot I use.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Sometimes I wish I had no appetite.  Doesn't seem to EVER happen though. 

We are having leftovers - swedish meatballs, mashed potatoes, and braised red cabbage and apples which turned out great by the way.
Fingers crossed that your temptation dinner works Jean.  Poor Roy!

I'm grilling rib-eyes (with the steak sauce from issue #100) and asparagus.
  Re: RE: Dinner Thread - 10/10/16 - 10/16/16 by Gourmet_Mom (Poor, Roy!  I hope h...)
Save a few shrimp , cut them into chunks,save all the shells. Make a boulabase (sp?).  Throw out the shells. Add some sliced sausage, celery, fennel bulb , diced tomato,the shrimp, and whatever else you have.  Shellfish soup .  Serve with crusty French bread.  Nice white wine. You will be tired of shrimp.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
Saving this idea for another time, Bill. Under current conditions, I can't get very creative. And saving shrimp shells is out of the question. It's Andrew's turn with the generator, so fridge is back off line. He thinks he's got the old generator going now, but we don't have enough extension cords. Hoping to solve that problem tomorrow.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
I needed a slow cooker recipe for today so got out my Cuisine slow cooker book.  Going to try the chicken paprikash with lemon and olives, served over cous cous.  The chicken has carrots, red peppers and onions in it and I might add a few peas at the end and that will be the veggie portion of the meal.
Another day where all the dinner choices sound so good!!!

Not too much change in Roy's condition AND the worst part is our youngest son & Wendy (BattleBots son) wanted to come up for his birthday next weekend and I had to ask them to postpone coming. Not much fun for Roy if he can't move around very much. Sad darn

What's for dinner - Tuesday, 10/11/16????

I finally made a trip to the grocery store yesterday (and darn near spent the kids' inheritance! Rolleyes  ) and I finally have fresh veggies in the house! Now, to decide between bok choy, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts. Think I'll search 'bok choy' in the [email=C@H]C@H[/email] library and see what's there.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com