Dinner Thread - 10/10/16 - 10/16/16
  Re: Dinner Thread - 10/10/16 - 10/16/16 by cjs (Dinner - Monday, 10/...)
Found one!! Issue #117 - Hoisin Chicken Thighs with Bok Choy Fried Rice. Smile Sounds tasty.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: RE: Dinner Thread - 10/10/16 - 10/16/16 by cjs (Found one!! Issue #1...)
That does sound good, Jean. I'm going to look that one up. I buy "baby" bok choy from Asia Foods all the time because it's so nice and fresh. Also Chinese broccoli. A Chinese friend told us to steam the the baby bok choy whole, until fork tender, then add a spoonful or two of oyster sauce and stir to coat. Ron loves it this way. Oh, and we squirt some Sriracha on it too.

Dinner tonight was l/os. We made hot pork sandwiches and I stir-fried a medley of fresh veggies to have on the side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Supposed to be a Hoisin Chicken dish with Bok Choy Fried Rice – but, I didn’t have any chicken thighs so used a pork shoulder steak. Brined first and helped with the tenderness. If I’d planned ahead far enough I would have used the SV….  Pretty intense flavors, but very good. Had a Moscato opened and I was afraid it would be a little too sweet with the dish, but it worked very nicely.

I don't think I'd do to bok choy what this recipe did - it could have been any green veggie after the dish was done. I love the fresh flavor of bok choy, so. Sad   Your way sounds better, Maryann. Darn it - and I just don't think to have Roy pick up this veggie very often, so I guess It's good I finally went to the store.

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I'm going to take last nights shrimp pot leftovers and but them in a steamer basket over a pot of boiling water to gently warm them for dinner.  

We now have the old generator going, so both houses have limited power.  At least my fridge is going, and a few lights and tv are going.  The guys think I should go with them to Southport tomorrow, but the idea of a cold shower in the morning is not something I'm looking forward to.  We'll see.   Dodgy
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
What's for Dinner - Wednesday, 10/12/16??

We're using up the Pork & Bok Choy from yesterday - don't know how yet.
www.achefsjourney.com
Jean - did Roy injure himself or is he just not feeling right?  Hope he gets his appetite back soon.

I think we are doing breakfast for dinner - over easy eggs, link sausage and hashbrowns.
Thanks Trixxee - he unloaded the storage unit so we could get rid of it - by himself and evidently a college wrestling injury came home to roost. He has been in his recliner for over 2 weeks now. I think it is slowly getting better, but he still says he has never felt such pain in his life.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: RE: Dinner Thread - 10/10/16 - 10/16/16 by cjs (Thanks Trixxee - he ...)
Poor Roy.   Injuries really can take their toll.  This will make you laugh.  I unexpectedly pointed at something the other day and my hand hurt for three days.  From pointing!  Oy.
  Re: RE: Dinner Thread - 10/10/16 - 10/16/16 by Trixxee (Poor Roy.   Injuries...)
I keep losing my posts and they aren't even long! Sad

Dinner tonight will be a chef salad and maybe chicken wings. That's what Ron wanted.

Tommy is staying with me today. He's been sick for a week with a fever and rash but seems to be on the mend. Been to the doc twice and got two different opinions. One said roseola and Heather just rolled her eyes. Another said it's a virus because they don't really know.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Roy wants to know what finger you used.......................... Smile

Man, the postings just don't go in order. Confused

The above is to Trixxee - not Maryann.
www.achefsjourney.com