DINNER THREAD - 10/24 - 10/30/16
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 10/24 - 10/30/16 by cjs (Monday's Dinner - 10...)
Everything sounds good.

Soup here as well - New England clam chowder.   Hoping the bakery at the market has some fresh sourdough pull apart rolls.  Never fails, I see them all the time until the day I need them.
  Re: RE: DINNER THREAD - 10/24 - 10/30/16 by cjs (What cheese is in th...)
Here is a description, Jean. You can buy it at the deli counter. If your store doesn't carry it, they can always order it in. I really like this one and the sharp cheddar American blend.

https://www.landolakes.com/products/chee...ian-blend/
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Everything does sound good.

Freezer dive here, beef rib-eye roast with gravy, mashed potatoes and asparagus.
"Asiago, Romano and Parmesan with creamy American"  Honest to God??  I love it - I always have all of these!!

I'm so going to try this mixture.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I'll have to look for that cheese, Maryann!  Thanks!

We are having leftover soup tonight.  Since I actually went into the field with William today, I'm thankful I have it.  Andrew's injury has turned out to be a bigger deal than we thought.  So he worked in the office today drawing while William and I surveyed two lots.  It was a glorious day to spend outside, but we are both pooped.

We are so behind!  We have 22 pending jobs, and three are big acreage surveys!  So William has decided we are working this weekend.  To ease the burden, we are staying in Southport for the weekend.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Sounds like TW Lands Surveying needs to expand its workforce!! Poor Andrew, hope he's better soon.
Speaking of Rye, I'm making another batch of the Sourdough Rye today...always a dilemma what to do with the 'fed' sourdough.

T.G.I.F. Dinner - 10/28/16??

What's on the menu for everyone today??

Roy's current favorite is Pesto Pasta, we we'll have that topped with Garlic Herb Roast beef.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
It almost sounds overwhelming Daphne.

Playing it by ear but I do have everything to make that vietnamese cilantro fish with a coconut broth on hand.  I would use tilapia.
  Re: RE: DINNER THREAD - 10/24 - 10/30/16 by Trixxee (It almost sounds ove...)
We are going out with a group of friends for dinner at an Italian restaurant. The last Friday of the month, they feature a retro 60's girl band called the Pop Tarts. They are suppose to be quite good, so it should be a fun night. Wish I had saved my "go-go" boots! Big Grin
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Boots - oh how fun they were....these boots were made for walkin'....................I have a pix somewhere of me with hair down to my a$$, a mini-skirt and white leather boots!! geez. Smile

Have fun!
www.achefsjourney.com
Maryann, you have created a monster!! I have never put American cheese together with Asiago, Parm and Romano. Tried it today layered between a kind of a clean the fridge Goulash of sorts. Don’t know if I can duplicate the dish, but I so hope I can! But, to the cheese – I divided up the ‘goop’ and put slices of American, sprinkles of Asiago and Parm (have no Romano) in between the 2 layers – my Lord the flavors are wonder.  The sharpness of the hard cheese and the creaminess of the American – who’da thunk it.

Thanks Maryann!!

www.achefsjourney.com