November Review Dinner?? Due Monday, 11/14/16
  Re: RE: November Review Dinner?? Due Monday, 11/14/16 by Harborwitch (I used some in a mus...)
That sounds like a good idea, Sharon. Since reading through recipes in "The Silver Spoon" I have found many ideas for using anchovies in a subtle way even if it's just a splash of fish sauce. Also, Maggi seasoning sauce. Just a couple of drops adds "something" to a soup, stew, etc.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: November Review Dinner?? Due Monday, 11/14/16 by cjs ([size=small][color=#...)
SHARON, what part of the date for the review was NOV. 14, 2016????????????? Shame on you.

Go find your room   Undecided
Wink
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: November Review Dinner?? Due Monday, 11/14/16 by cjs ([size=small][color=#...)
UH OH!  Angel
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Reviews for our [email=C@H]C@H[/email] Dinner

Roasted Chicken Thighs with lives & Lemon
Farro with Spinach & Parmesan (Asiago)
C@H, Issue #120, page 9

What a wonderful dinner this was – it’s been a while since we’ve given a 10 (Roy says 11) to a dish, but this one really deserves it.
I used Pinot Grigio in the farro (it was what was opened in fridge) and when we tasted it with the presented dish – we were both amazed at how well it went together.

In fact, and I can’t remember ever doing this before, I found I wanted a sip of the Pinot with each bite. And, squeezing the lemon (which was roasted with the chicken) over all at service – (I need another superlative….  Tongue )  fantastic .

I’ve never worked with farro before, but we both liked it very much.
[Image: Nov%205%20Chicken%20w%20Olives%20Lemon%2...w94iw3.jpg][/img] 

I only made half the recipes – and still got the main dinner, plus 2 more after making the farro patties to serve with the leftover chicken and jus. The flavor of the olive/lemony sauce drizzled over the patties?? Wonderful!!

--------
Farro Cakes (using leftovers from Review dinner of 11/5/16 – Farro with Spinach & Parmesan(Asiago) served with Chicken Thighs with olives & lemon)

Amounts are approximates -
l/o farro ~2 1/2 cups
1/3 cup frozen peas
1/4 roasted poblano
2 eggs
2 oz. parmesan
Panko for coating

Combine all and press into a ring mold, pressing to compress; sprinkle with panko then unmold panko side down on a pam sprayed b. sheet and sprinkle 2nd side with more panko. Repeat with the rest of the mixture. The above amounts made 3 nice size patties.

Bake at 375° oven for 25 to 30 minutes until tops begin to brown.
[Image: Nov%207%20Farro%20Patties%20w%20Chicken_zps7ligk8xp.jpg][/img] 

C@H developed a real winner with this one!! We're still talking about how much we enjoyed the Farro!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Definitely a 10! I did not have high expectations for Ron liking this dish, but we both loved it and will have it again! The l/os made the best chicken salad! Great combination of flavors.

Full disclosure...I did not use farro. The one and only time we had it, Ron did not care for it. So, I used risotto (Arborio rice) instead to make the dish and it was delicious.

Sorry, no photo. It was a kind of a rough day and I forgot. But, it was also easy enough to do after a long day, so is a good recipe for a weeknight meal and feels quite special. Smile
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I'm glad you both like it also.
www.achefsjourney.com
Great reviews you guys!

I can't remember the last time I cooked.  I hope I can get to this one of these days.  Work is still piling in, which is good, but even with shorter days, we are still not getting home until almost 7.  Too late to cook.  We've taken to eating a late lunch and skipping dinner.  William will usually have a snack of some kind.  In addition, we have started staying in town Thursday and Friday nights to increase our productivity.
Daphne
You're exhausting me, Daphne!! Wink
www.achefsjourney.com
Tell me about it!
Daphne
Well, looks like it was just you and me, Kid, making this dinner.... Wink  Time to put it to bed, I guess.
www.achefsjourney.com