DINNER THREAD - 10/31 - 11/6/16
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 10/31 - 11/6/16 by cjs ([size=medium][b][u]M...)
Time for Tony!  

And now the pizza peel!  It sure looks good, Jean!  The pizza AND the peel!

We stopped for sandwiches at the deli.  William got a Rueben and I got a Chipotle chicken.  Eating cheap a few times this week will make me feel better about staying in Southport again tomorrow night.
William insisted!   Big Grin
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
The only time that I ate at Carl's Jr was at the airport in Puerto Vallarta, a Western Bacon Cheeseburger, it was delicious!

Tonight I'm solo, so I moved the pumpkin pancakes from issue #120 to tonight (with sausage, of course).
  Re: RE: DINNER THREAD - 10/31 - 11/6/16 by losblanos1 (The only time that I...)
Hmm, this is strange. Thought I posted dinner earlier today and I even remember what I wrote, but it's not here. Huh

Dinner tonight was beer can chicken and fresh broccoli.

Trixxee, we don't have Carl Jr. here, but I feel like I have seen them somewhere. Must have been when we were traveling. The beef sandwich sounds good and it reminded me of a recipe that I used to make for Italian beef in the crockpot. That was also served on good rolls or baguettes. Time to make that again!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Carl's Jr. is known as Hardee's in some areas - especially the eastern U. S. They used to be separate chains, but merged in 1997.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
I've never stopped at a Carl's, but one of my sons used to buy me Todd William's books - the guy who does all the knock off recipes of places. And, there were two Carl's items I used to make that we really liked. I'll have to drag those books out, he has some good ideas.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
T.G.I.F. Dinner - 11/4/16??

What's on the menu for everyone today?

We have a new BBQ joint in town, so we're going to check it out. Maybe some soup later.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: RE: DINNER THREAD - 10/31 - 11/6/16 by labradors (Carl's Jr. is known ...)
(11-04-2016, 09:18 AM)labradors Wrote: Carl's Jr. is known as Hardee's in some areas - especially the eastern U. S. They used to be separate chains, but merged in 1997.

That might be it! We would sometimes stop at Hardee's for lunch on our way to NC. We were always so impressed by how good it was for a fast food place.

Dinner tonight will be Sharon's Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Acorn Squash recipe. Can't wait!
Maryann

Grilled top sirloin and I'm going to roast some baby potatoes with garlic and rosemary and throw some green beans in near the end.  Did that a few weeks ago and they were so good and one pan to clean for two sides.
Yearly Reminder:  BREEDER'S CUP today and tomorrow.  Today there will be 4 races on NBCSN starting at 2:00 or 2:30 Pacific.  Tomorrow I think coverage starts at 11:30 Pacific and then the final race will be on NBC at 5:00pm Pacific. 

GO CALIFORNIA CHROME - World's greatest horse to date (not just my opinion, all the professionals agree).  This will be Chrome's last race.  He will be retired to stud.  He will face stiff competition with Arrogate (Mike Smith will be riding him).  I know you like Mike, Jean.
  Re: RE: DINNER THREAD - 10/31 - 11/6/16 by Trixxee (Yearly Reminder:  BR...)
Wow, what a delicious recipe! If anyone is thinking about making the enchilada stuffed acorn squash, do it soon. Delicious!
Maryann