DINNER THREAD - 10/31 - 11/6/16
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 10/31 - 11/6/16 by cjs ([size=medium][b][u]M...)
I thought I thanked you for posting this, Trixxee!! It must be in LaLa land. But, thanks and I did make a note.

I have an acorn squash on the counter, Maryann, I better go look at it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Essential steak, baked potato and asparagus tonight. TGIF!!!!
  Re: RE: DINNER THREAD - 10/31 - 11/6/16 by losblanos1 (Essential steak, bak...)
Yes, Jean, you really do need to go look at that acorn squash! Smile I couldn't believe my eyes when Ron ate 2 of them!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
O.K., just copied the recipe, so I'll do it in the next couple of days. thanks Maryann and Sharon
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Saturday's Dinner - 11/5/16??

What's on the menu for everyone today??

I'm doing the Review dinner - I sure picked a far away date to review it, didn't I? Wonder why.... Blush
www.achefsjourney.com
You're welcome Jean.  The race yesterday between Beholder and Songbird was one of the most exciting races EVER.  It was Beholder's (6 years old, Gary Stevens jockey) last race before retiring and Songbird (3 years old, Mike Smith jockey) was undefeated in 12 races.  Beholder literally won by a nostril.  I thought it was going to be a dead head.  I cried.  Such a sap.  So it was the two senior jockeys battling it out.  

Anyway, I need something easy today since I will be consumed with racing so I'm making chili colorado burritos.
darn, we were running around yesterday....
www.achefsjourney.com
Sunday Dinner - 11/6/16??

What's on the menu for everyone today??

Finally my  pumpkin pancakes - except they've morphed into waffles, which we like better than pancakes anyway, and bacon. Later, I think I'll make a plain ole salami pizza.

I'd better walk a mile or two after eating this kind of food all in one day. Rolleyes
www.achefsjourney.com
Maryann - can you point me in the right direction for the acorn squash recipe?  I looked for it but didn't find it.  Thank you!

At this point I think we're having leftover chili colorado.  Might make a rice & pinto bean bowl type of thing instead of burritos or tacos.
  Re: RE: DINNER THREAD - 10/31 - 11/6/16 by Trixxee (Maryann - can you po...)
I would probably never find it in the threads, Trixxee. Still learning my way around. But here is the link where I found it online. Smile

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-...quash.html

Tonight we're having sort of a tapas night.  We have 1/2 of a stuffed acorn squash left to share. I also made some stuffed mushrooms with spicy sausage. Thinking of cooking a bit of pasta to have with both....

Heather sent me a picture of the food they ordered last night at Mabel's BBQ, Michael Symon's new restaurant here. Then, they stopped by here on the way home to let us taste the l/os. OMG!  Here is the menu and Heather's pic.

http://www.mabelsbbq.com/

Attached Files Image(s)

Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."