WHEW!!! Mike Smith Did It

I don't know where to put this!!! He did it - Jesus, what an exciting race!!!

Trixxee, I hope you had some money on Arrogate!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: WHEW!!! Mike Smith Did It by cjs ([size=medium]I don't...)
I'm a California Chrome fan, but if he had to lose I'm glad Arrogate won.  He's a really good horse.  I saw him win his first race and it was really exciting.

Mike Smith had a very good Breeder's Cup weekend.  Now, back to real life.  Racing was a nice 2 day diversion from real life.  Wink
I sure thank you for reminding me/us of the racing this weekend. I'd have been so pissed if I'd missed the Classic!! Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
You're welcome!  I will always remind you of the big days.

And this morning I can't bring myself to read the article in the newspaper about the race.  Maybe tomorrow.   Still too raw.  Wink

This weekend I already started my list of 2 year old winners (they will all be considered 3 years old on January 1st) and these are the horses that will be on the KY Derby trail (only 3 year olds can qualify).   My favorite 2 year old winner of the weekend is New Money Honey.   Wouldn't that be a hoot if he makes it to the Derby?  It's fun to try to pick out the early stars.
You really do make a study of this - how interesting.
www.achefsjourney.com
Sadly, I was off the forum and missed out.  Although, we were working, so if I had known, I would have felt left out.  Hate I missed Chrome's last race, though.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
What I'm hearing is that he will race one more time.  There is a brand new race with a $12,000,000 purse (richest race in the world) taking place at Gulfstream Park (Florida) at the end of January.  I think his owners are going to enter him as long as he training well and healthy so we may have more more chance!  Would be interesting if Arrogate was also entered.
$12,000,000 AS IN MILLIONS????????????????? Good Lord! You'd think a race like that would be held in Arabia or somewhere in the Middle East.
www.achefsjourney.com
Yes!  Crazy, isn't it?  That purse money has surpassed the Dubai World Cup - which I believe is $10,000,000.  And which California Chrome won last year. 

Smile