Dinner Thread 11/7/16 - 11/13/16
  Re: Dinner Thread 11/7/16 - 11/13/16 by cjs ([size=medium][b][u]M...)
So effin funny Blane!  I always find it funny when a big grocery store is out of something.  And usually it's something I planned a dinner around.  How could they be out of whole chickens?  How could they be out of CILANTRO for crying out.  I love in Southern California.  LOL.
IP Cooking – Teriyaki Short Ribs – what wonderful flavors.
Olsen, Vanessa. Instant Pot Cookbook: A Comprehensive Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Cookbook
I marinated the short ribs overnight and the flavors are so intense, unique and have a umami flavor that is intoxicating. I’ll be glad to post the recipe if any one is interested and then you can go to https://www.amazon.com/Instant-Electric-Pressure-Cooker-Cookbook/dp/1623156122/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1479078718&sr=8-2&keywords=+1942411197%7C+1942411235+%7C1623156122 and order it for free. Great book.

We had two wines open – a Zin and the white Pinot Grigio. While the Pinot was very good with the dish, the Zin was not, so we opted to open a Cab and what a nice compliment to the dish. On a par with the Pinot. We gave both 9+.

[Image: Novc%2013%20005_zpsjmgnefmw.jpg][/img]

[Image: Novc%2013%20002_zpsm5hiwsx6.jpg][/img]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
What a couple of wonderful new dishes we had yesterday - the short ribs Smile and then our later football snack to cheer on the Hawks ( WE WON!) is another winner. I know I 'can' be overly effusive in ranking the deliciousness of certain recipes, but this one - it's easy, fast and so very, very bad for us. Cool

Cheesy Bacon Holiday Crack

I'll post the recipe in the Holiday Appetizers -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
See, I knew Blane could relate to the shopping comments! Big Grin

Trixxee, Ron forgot his phone one time. He was gone so long I thought he must have left the state!

Jean, I should have been more clear. I meant stuffed cabbage rolls. You know, the kind that's baked in the oven with a bit of tomato sauce on top?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."