Dinner Thread 11/7/16 - 11/13/16
Wink    
Monday's Dinner, 11/7/16

What's on the menu for everyone today??

Working with the leftovers from the Review dinner........  (Gee, it's hard for me to keep my mouth shut Blush  )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Thread 11/7/16 - 11/13/16 by cjs ([size=medium][b][u]M...)
Korean beef and rice and probably broccoli.
Thanks Jean!  Geeze . . . I was so proud of myself for being on time and the first.  I deleted it.  SMH?  I guess I couldn't keep my mouth shut!

Tonight is another new recipe Quick Cauliflower Coconut Stew.  Depending on how the day goes (PT this morning) I will make Corriander Cilantro Naan to go with it. In discussion with the couple who made this last night she gave me a bunch of tips and I'm going to incorporate them.  Wish I had fresh turmeric!  darn, is it worth a trip into town?  

We also need to get our bacon out of it's cure to form a pellicle (beef and pork), and I need to make a ton of lemon curd.  Busy day today.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: RE: Dinner Thread 11/7/16 - 11/13/16 by Harborwitch (Thanks Jean!  Geeze ...)
I have some nice thick pork chops marinating to go on the grill later. This is a nice day for grilling so planning meals around the weather report this week. Garlicky spinach for a side and maybe a baked potato.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Another day when everything sounds so good and I'm having leftovers............. Undecided

But, I did use one of my leftovers (scratch 1 item from the post its Smile 
Smoked Salmon Corn Chowder with a garnish of feta cheese. Wonderful flavors. 

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
William let me go back to the "new" Chinese place again today.  We both got what we had last time.  I'm not sure I even posted before?  He had the Hot and Spicy Beef.  It came with a generous portion of fried rice.  I got the Beef and Veggie Mei Fun (sp?).  Both entrees also came with soup or egg roll.  We both got soup:  Hot and Sour for him and Wonton for me.  Needless to say, dinner was snacks and wine.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: RE: Dinner Thread 11/7/16 - 11/13/16 by Gourmet_Mom (William let me go ba...)
Daphne that sounds so good.  I think Hot & Sour soup is my fave!  

Alas, cut into my ginger (in the fracking foodsaver bag!) and got a goooey mess.  Left overs from the review dinner.  D@mn!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: RE: Dinner Thread 11/7/16 - 11/13/16 by Harborwitch (Daphne that sounds s...)
Sharon, I never seem to have good luck with saving ginger so I started freezing it. While it's nice and fresh, I take a spoon and peel off the outer skin, then grate the ginger on a fine grater. I throw out the skin and all the stringy stuff. When I'm done, I put a tablespoonful in plastic ice trays, press it down, then freeze. After that, I just pop them out and wrap each one in a little bit of plastic wrap. Then, all the little cubes go into a Ziploc bag or a storage container to go into the freezer. It doesn't take long to thaw and works pretty well IMHO.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I've not tried the freezing of ginger. I keep mine submerged in sherry in the fridge.
www.achefsjourney.com
Tuesday's Dinner -  11/8/16

What's on the menu for everyone today??

Since Roy is mobile again, we can resume our Motley Crew Bar hopping nights!! It's sure been a long time since we joined them. Smile
www.achefsjourney.com