Pickle brine fried chicken sandwich
Lightbulb    
Saw this in a newsletter this morning - Lordie, Lordie - I so want to make this.

“Boston-based restaurateurs Ken Oringer and Jamie Bissonette have created some of the city’s greatest hits. In particular, we can’t stop thinking about the chicken sandwich from their latest spot, a globally influenced tapas place called Little Donkey.

The craveable dish features chicken that's been fried in pickle brine, slathered in an intensely creamy avocado ranch dressing and topped with crisp green papaya slaw and jalapeños — all sandwiched in between a Martin's potato roll (aka the king of buns). Heavy? Yes. Delicious? Also, yes.”
Source: Little Donkey (Boston)

Does this sound and look  interesting or what!!!

[Image: v1_zps62d9qfpi.jpg][/img]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Pickle brine fried chicken sandwich by cjs ([color=#000000][size...)
Wow, sounds amazing, Jean. But, isn't frying in brine really boiling the chicken?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I'm thinking adding just a little of the brine as  you go and as it reduces, adding just enough to give the sizzle to the chicken??? I'm not sure, just guessing here.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I can't wrap my brain around the frying part either.  Looks good, though!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.