Dinner Thread 11/14/16 - 11/20/16
  Re: Dinner Thread 11/14/16 - 11/20/16 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Good to know - marked on recipe - thanks Trixxee.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Double the sauce...that works for me! Big Grin

I forgot to mention earlier that the Korean Beef and Rice dish was fabulous! I made it using chopped steaks because it's what I had and we liked it very much.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I don't think I have that recipe, Maryann.

BBQ Chicken Pizza with ‘Quick Beer-Crust Pizza dough’

Crust
Oil
Marinara
Pesto
Cilantro
Cheddar
Mozz
BBQ sauced chicken

This King Arthur pizza dough recipe called tor baking powder added to the mix -  http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/quick-beer-crust-pizza-recipe  - which I have never added to a dough. While the flavor was nice and the texture, it seemed more like a bread dough turned into a pizza.
[Image: BBQ%20Chicken%20Pizza%201_zpsicq6m4bq.jpg][/img]I have been making large beer pretzels and I think this dough would work very well for this purpose )nice and sturdy)….we’ll see. I want to have them on hand for a snack while son & d-i-l are here, so we’ll try them out.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
As usual, sure looks yummy to me!

Here is the link to the Korean Beef and Rice. I think that this is the one that Trixxee or Blane made recently, but not positive. In any case, we loved it.

http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2013/02/k...-rice.html
Maryann

How easy can a dinner be?? Thanks for posting this. I always get a kick out of hearing about someone putting some dish on a 'monthly rotation' - my rotations seem to be 'every 2-3 years'!! (with a few exceptions) Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
T.G.I.F. Dinner, 11/18/16??

What's on the menu for everyone today?? 

Leftovers here - cabbage gratin, some way.
www.achefsjourney.com
I'm going to do just a simple stir-fry tonight with shrimp and vegetables over rice vermicelli.
Maryann

Last night, since we both had Kim's Spicy Chicken for lunch, we just had appetizers: buffalo cauliflower and fried edamame (new one for us).  I'm not sure why these would be preferable over boiled peanuts, but whatever.  I asked Brian why he didn't try them.  He said he did when they first opened, but they didn't go over very well.  Plus, it's such a little place, refrigeration space is limited.  Oh well!

Today, we weren't able to head out for lunch until almost three, so I talked William into picking up some snacks and have an early dinner.  Speaking of snacks, William grabbed a bag of Utz Holiday Cinnamon Pretzels.  I thought that sounded weird, but BOY ARE THEY GOOD!!!!  The sweet, spice, and salt combination is near perfect!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
"Utz Holiday Cinnamon Pretzels." Oh, crap, Daphne - just what I need access to another junk food!! :Smile 

Today's leftovers turned out better than I thought they would - who'd a thunk cabbage gratin would be a good burrito filling?  Smile Mixed Marinara with taco sauce for a sauce and they were quite good.
[Image: Nov%2018%20Cabbage%20Gratin%20Burrito%20...ycbs6r.jpg][/img]

And...this pkg came today - My splurge   for the holidays. I plan to use this for our anniversary, Thanksgiving (Treat for Mattie & Wendy), Christmas and New Years!!!! Heart

[Image: Nov.%2018%20Black%20Truffle%20Butter_zps2bso7z5k.jpg][/img]

ONE WHOLE POUND!! Be still my heart!!!!
www.achefsjourney.com
Saturday's Dinner - 11/19/16??

What's on the menu for everyone today?? 

I'm making the Korean Beef and Rice dish Maryann and some other made a while back?? and zucc that has to be used. 
www.achefsjourney.com