Bone Marrow

Ever have a “DUH” moment when you think how could I have possibly missed or overlooked a delicacy? I love roasting marrow bones and the buttery goodness of the marrow, but I’ve always done Beef bones. Looking at the marrow in the Thanksgiving ham bone, I’m thinking what does this taste like – Wow!

Warmed it up and spread on a plain cracker and the flavor is as good as beef marrow, maybe a little better as it had gone thru roasting with a maple syrup/o.j. marinade plus the seasoning of split pea soup. So much for just tossing the bone after making soup.

The only problem is….there really isn’t enough to share…so, wonder if poor Roy will ever taste. Dodgy Heart
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Bone Marrow by cjs ([color=#000000][size...)
I have never really been able to wrap my brain around bone marrow.  I think it has to do with getting grossed out watching my grandmother chew the knuckles off chicken legs and sucking the marrow out. LOL!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
My, doesn't that sound appetizing.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I had a lamb shank (2) in Napa Valley several years ago. The whole thing including the marrow was delicious. No marrow spoons, I think they brought me a small dull knife.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
I'm so anxious to try all of these marrows. Bill, after whining for years & years I finally found/bought marrow spoons and now I can't find them after the move from 5th ST.!!! I'm so frustrated!
www.achefsjourney.com
My mom would have agreed with you completely. She loved bone marrow. I tried it once when I was a kid and didn't like it. Probably would like it now even though it looks kind of gross.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."