DINNER THREAD - 12/5/16 - 12/11/16
Rainbow    
Monday's Dinner - 12/5/16??

What's on the menu for today? 

I don't think I've made Chicken Pot Pies in a hundred years, but I have a pie crust that should be used and some l/o chicken AND jus from roasting the chicken that should make a delicious gravy (something else I haven't made forever!) Wow, I'm looking forward to this.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 12/5/16 - 12/11/16 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Sounds delicious.

Tony picked up some chicken tamales yesterday (tis the time of year!) and I pulled some enchilada sauce and spanish rice from the freezer to serve with them.
Freezer diving all around Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Yes, and that's a good thing.  Watching my grocery budget pretty tightly in December.  Speaking of grocery budgets, yesterday Tony picked up two trimmed tri tip roasts that will eventually get grilled Santa Maria style for $2.99/lb.  Unheard of price.  Leftovers always make a nice pot of chili too.
We too, try to be real careful in December....remember I'm a bag lady person now................ Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
We are having the Korean Beef and Rice that has been popular recently. However, I changed it up just a little bit, by cutting down the sugar slightly and adding in some rice vinegar. It was just a little too sweet for us. Otherwise, we love it! Sauteed spinach on the side, and maybe a fried egg roll.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
My goodness it's been a long time since I've made fried chicken gravy!!  Heart

....and I had a heck of a time staying out of it as I was tasting for seasoning……….I kept thinking of a huge mound of mashed garlic potatoes. But, I stayed with the pot pie idea.  But, the pot pie was very tasty.

[Image: dec%204%20007_zpsopmn1tvu.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
Oh my!  I love my chicken pot recipe!  And it's that time of year!  Pie pan on the list to bring to the camper.  That may be my first camper meal!

William had his regular Italian sub for lunch today.  I had a few slices of a small meat lovers pizza.  (Andrew got the rest.). So we weren't very hungry for dinner.  We decided on salad, so I took the opportunity to pick up some deli meats and condiments, as well as a few staples, for the camper.  Now we have something for lunches to start eating in.  Now, to start cooking for leftover variety and save up for some nice dinners out for just the two of us without breaking the bank!  Gotta save up for gadgets for the camper!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Tuesday's Dinner - 12/6/16??

What's on the menu for everyone today??

It's a toss up between the other 2 pot pies and split pea soup and the Outback bread...... Dodgy Maybe a small bowl later would work.................
www.achefsjourney.com
Trixxee mentioned the chicken with almond butter sauce the other day and it's still in my head. So, I think that will be dinner, with mashed potatoes and frozen peas.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."