DINNER THREAD - 12/5/16 - 12/11/16
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 12/5/16 - 12/11/16 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Tony's headed to New Orleans (at least I think that's where he's going) for an education trade show so I'm really off the hook but I think I'm going to make a pecan crusted chicken breast to top an iceberg salad with.  Trying to use up some produce before it heads south.
"pecan crusted chicken breast" doesn't that sound good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I think quite a few of us have made the pecan chicken - Blane, Karyn (where is she by the way), Daphne.
I probably have too...................... Tongue
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Change of plans. Ron really had a taste for ribs. So, I put one slab of St. Louis cut into the instant pot for 25 minutes. It wasn't quite enough, so gave them another 10 minutes. Sauced them up and they were melt in your mouth tender. French fries and a salad on the side.

We normally use babyback ribs and 25 minutes is usually enough in the Instant Pot for those.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Oh, Trixxee!  I love that recipe!  Jean, I use your Honey Mustard Dressing for it instead of the one with the recipe.  Haven't found a match for that dressing recipe.

Maryann, I sent Ashley the link for the instant pot that Denise posted about getting it half price on Amazon on Black Friday.  FINGERS CROSSED!

Jean, sandwich or pot pie?  I would have gone pot pie, too.....I LOVE my recipe that much!

So today, I had a break through on a job.  William was so pleased, I decided to ask for dinner out.  (I have finally stocked the fridge with sandwich stuff for lunch, so we are now economizing eating finally.) 
I chose Shrimp and Grits and a bottle of wine at Loco Joe's.  Dang Brian took advantage of the cool drizzly day to serve it for lunch!  Dodgy  No Shrimp and Grits!   Angry

BUT it was wing night (never been on a Tuesday night)...50 cent a wing....not a bad deal!  So we shared wings and split an order of Grouper Tacos.

Brian now owes me Shrimp and Grits! Dodgy
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
I've had Shrimp & Grits in the back of my mind for the last couple weeks.

Funny, Daphne I just made a 1/2 batch of Honey Mustard dressing and as I was adding the mustard (I've been using Inglehoffer's stone ground mustard) I mistakenly added the full amount instead of 1/2) and we really liked it. Will try it again to make sure it wasn't a fluke.

I had enough filling for 4 pot pies and had the last 2 yesterday for dinner. Sure were good for a change.

Now, I have to find the recipe for the pecan chicken....
www.achefsjourney.com
Wednesday's Dinner - 12/7/16??

What's for dinner today?? 

I'm up in the air....
www.achefsjourney.com
I have 1/2 of a can of French fried onions l/o from Thanksgiving. Hopefully, it's okay to still use them. Hmm...might have to check on that. Anyway, thought we might try the recipe on the can for breading chicken breast with it and baking in the oven. Brussel sprouts and stuffing bread on the side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Repeat of last night - salad topped with pecan crusted chicken.  Michael wants pasta with butter and parm.