DINNER THREAD - 12/5/16 - 12/11/16
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 12/5/16 - 12/11/16 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
I have a real hard time getting inspired digging in the freezer - and I feel like an ingrate because I have a filet, lobster, prawns.......  Blush  But still - I'd rather think of a dish and go from there than the other way around.

So, today, it's garlic roasted prawns, corn pudding and a gr. salad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Wound up having a big bowl of mussels with a garlic butter sauce and a piece of garlic bread.
Both of those sound great!  We had a big lunch, so William went for a sandwich and I made a big chef salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Thursday's Dinner - 12/8/16??

What's on the menu for today??  Clam Linguine here
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Michael wants french toast and canadian bacon.  I might just have a homemade egg mcmuffin.
We have some ribs l/o from the other day, so Ron can have those.  I want a chef's salad and a cup of soup.

Looks like we are getting some snow here. We don't mind it BEFORE the holidays because all the Christmas displays look prettier in the snow. Big Grin
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I agree, Maryann!  Snow always makes it look a lot more Christmas.  Only happened about 3 times in my lifetime.   Undecided

Anyway, we went to Oliver's around two and got calamari and bowls of soup.  He got the clam chowder and I got today's soup of the day, beef bourguignon.  It was kinda cool, Oliver is opening a classy new oyster bar, and today, they had all the investors there to enjoy a vendor pitch their products...with samples.  I was so jealous!  They are going to specialize in presentation and offering the diner to choose oysters by location.  William is so excited.

Anyway, we ordered a pizza delivery after working extra late.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Love Oyster bars - there is one at Bouchon's in Las Vegas. If you get the chance when they open the 'bar' you might want to try our favorites Penn Cove and Nisqually Sweet - so good!!
www.achefsjourney.com
T.G.I.F. DINNER - 12/9/16??

What's for dinner today?? Trying to choose between 3 different things................. Dodgy
www.achefsjourney.com
Saturday's Dinner - 12/10/16??

And, what shall the four of us serve for dinner today????  Huh   Confused

I fixed steak yesterday with the Sous Vide, but don't think I'll do them that way again. I really like the old way of searing and finishing in a high oven. Leftovers today will go to Stroganoff. Made the old Broccoli salad (from C2C days & Share a Recipe), sure was good - been a long time.

P.S. Forgot to mention the truffle butter I bought for Thanksgiving - it was so very tasty melted over the steaks.....   Heart
www.achefsjourney.com