DINNER THREAD - 12/5/16 - 12/11/16
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 12/5/16 - 12/11/16 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Holly invited us over for dinner. She is making chicken alfredo stuffed shells. I will make a big salad and pick up some wine.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Tony's back from New Orleans (and he saw Emeril at the airport - LOL), and he's making lasagna.  I think.  Sauce will be pulled from the freezer to simplify things.
Oh, what fun! I love New Orleans and can't wait to go back some time. I'm sure you are glad to have him back home!
Maryann

Maryann, Holly's dinner sounds delicious!!!  And Trixxee, I'm always game for lasagna!

I'll start with today and back up to yesterday since I remembered to take a picture of lunch.

William was craving fried shrimp, so we went to his favorite place at the beach.  I got hamburger steak with mashed potatoes and gravy with a side of fried okra.  Nothing special but I wanted comfort food on this cold day.  Since we had such a big lunch, I just went with a simple salad for dinner.  William opted for a peanut butter and banana wrap.  We are home to do laundry, so simple seemed best.

Last night, I was hoping for shrimp and grits, but Brian STILL hasn't put it back on the menu!  So William and I split an 8 oz. flank steak with southwestern grit cakes and steamed broccoli.  He better have my shrimp and grits next week!

Anyway, I couldn't get too mad, because lunch was such an awesome surprise.  I love Chicken Cordon Blue, so I was intrigued by the "Red Neck" Cordon Blue Sandwich.  I was a little reluctant, but decided to trust the girls when they said it was really good.  The thing was HUGE!  It is a grilled chicken breast topped with house made pulled pork with the yummiest BBQ sauce and Swiss cheese.  It sounds odd, but the pork mimicked a bacony flavor!  It was great!!!  
[Image: b42da61b4338804f046030d6c2fe6811.jpg]
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Good Lord Daphne, that looks delicious!! Who knew I've been making Red Neck Sandwiches Smile chicken sandwiches can be so bland so I usually add a little pkg. of pulled pork with some of the onions.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Sunday Dinner 12/11/16??

What's on the menu for today?? 

I want to do something fun because we're playing Green Bay today (Tracie's team) and she's giving us a bad time. Tongue  But, I also have stroganoff leftover. decisions, decisions.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I bought a pork tenderloin and can't remember what I wanted to do with it. So, I'm going to look through "saved" recipes and try to find it. However, we have 2 basketball games to attend today, so not sure if we will even bother cooking at all. On top of that, it's snowing, so that will slow us down. Hmmm. Undecided
Maryann

Wow! Daphne that burger looks delicious!

Jean, speaking of beef stroganoff, issue #121 is out and has a beef stroganoff soup that looks really good.

I'm making the Texas Chili from the new Splendid Soups cookbook. Chili and football, a natural fit. Big Grin
Burger looks awesome!  MA - maybe the pork was for the pork tenderloin/mushroom/apple stew from C@H?

We have leftover lasagna and will make a wedge salad with it.
Jean, that's so funny that you have been "Red Neck" for a while now!

Today was moving back day, so we got our regular chicken for lunch and have cold vinegar chicken with leftover cheesy broccoli and Mac and Cheese for dinner.  Tomorrow I have every intentions of making our first dinner in the camper.   Big Grin
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.