Living Cookbook

Somehow the index for my cookbooks when printing do not print alphabetically anymore! I don't know what wrong 'click' I made, but I sure can't figure out how to get back to the way it used to be.
I did go on the website, but my question wasn't answered and I could not find any info. Anyone help??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Living Cookbook by cjs (Somehow the index fo...)
Jean, I don't have the software.  But I'd suggest you message Alina.  She may not see this message?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
I hope so.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Help Alina - I hope you see this soon -
www.achefsjourney.com
Ok, I found it. I've never tried to print the index for cookbooks so I'll need a bit more info. What are you trying to do? Print a cookbook? Are you doing it directly from LC or publishing to Word?
Each month, I make a cookbook with recipes I save during the month. At the end of the month, I print out the index for the recipes I have saved. They always printed in a alphabetical listing. For November, they printed out alphabetically by 'Source" - have no idea where that came from and it sure does nothing for me. Thanks for any help you can give me.
www.achefsjourney.com
For God's Sake!! This is like trying to get an appliance to NOT work for the repairman.... Smile
I just printed out November's listing again and it came out with the Recipe names alphabetical - as I wanted it to. Geez.

Thanks anyway, Alina - I have no idea how this happened.....
www.achefsjourney.com
Me neither. However, in case you might find it useful, when you click on Recipes or a cookbook on the left, you see a bunch of columns on the right. You can choose what columns you see, eliminate any you don't use, and put them in whatever order you want. I have mine with link first (tells me which recipes I've reviewed and connected to ingredients), then rating (I always rate my recipes with comments), then Recipe Name, Date Modified, Date Created, Cookbook, Chapter, Author, Source, and Recipe Type. So, if I know I added a recipe recently but not entirely sure of the name, I can click on the Date Created, or date modified if I know I tweaked the recipe.
"You can choose what columns you see, eliminate any you don't use"

And how do I do this??
www.achefsjourney.com
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. You go to the top bar and select view and then select Display Options at the bottom. Scroll down to Recipe and then select Recipe List View. You should see a box on the right with all the columns listed. Those are what you currently have. If you don't want one, select that row and click on Remove. Then select Add and scroll down all the choices to see if there is something you'd like to see that is not already there. Once you have all the columns you want, then use the move up and move down function to sort them. I do the width for each column on the list itself by changing the size of the box depending on what I need. Hope this is clear enough, if not just ask again.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.