Dinner Thread - 12/26/16 -- 1/1/17
  Re: Dinner Thread - 12/26/16 -- 1/1/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=large]Di...)
Wow, nice dinner, Trixxee. Sounds delicious.

Jean, that bread is going to drive me nuts. Really that good, huh? Guess I'm going to have to try it.

Hey, has anyone ever made Ranger Cookies? I guess it's one of those old time recipes but I sure don't remember it. Anyway, my brother-in-law makes them for the holidays. They are so good.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Can't say I've heard of them -

Yes, dinner at Trixxee's sounds good.

The Chinese Chicken (& ham) Salad was sure tasty.

[Image: Dec%2030%20Chines%20Chicken%20Salad_zpsinsao3lp.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Never heard of them, Maryann.  Is it possible it could be called something else in other region?  Would love to see the recipe.

I had planned to call in a pizza, but an old friend called and talked a long time.  So William snacked and went to bed.  I ate the last of the ribs.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
NEW YEAR'S EVE - 2016

It's here - the end of one of the most tumultuous years in a long time.....Bless us all.

So, what's planned for tonight?? 

Only night of the year we never go out!! But, we'll have fun. I have 4 jars of Caviar for a fun Caviar Tasting dinner............. :Smile Smile  
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Funny how NYE has changed and evolved over the years. We no longer go out on NYE either and that's just fine with both of us. We will drink and snack the night away. I have a cheese ball and crackers, shrimp cocktail, good olives from the deli, a smoked sausage meat stick, and fruit salad.

Also have a pizza dough ball warming up on the counter to play with. Going to make some kind of thin crust pizza with it. I have pesto, and some assorted cheeses, but then also have some onion jam that I haven't played with. Hmmm.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Exactly my kind of N.Y.E. too!! Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
I looked up the ranger cookies - sound great!

We are also staying home, always have.  I don't even like being out on the roads during the day on NYE, people act nuts.  I purposely went to the grocery store before 9:00am this morning because I've noticed in the past the place gets packed to the point that you think this is the last day to buy food - EVER.  LOL.

We are having leftover grilled lamb and I'll make a greek salad but will also put some frizzled proscuitto in it that needs using.  The salad will be more "Maggiano's ish" that way too.

Hope everyone enjoys their evening.
We are redoing Christmas Day.  Ashley and I split the remaining tenderloin.  We got a whole one and it was 7 pounds.  I also deliberately did extra twice baked potatoes.  And we will see tonight if my Alexander sauce survived freezing.  I just realized I left my asparagus at the trailer.  Oh well!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
We sure enjoyed our Mish-Mash of favorite goodies yesterday!!  (By the way snow plows just went by - we had another 3-4" of snow - it's time for it to stop now.)

Deviled Egg Filling, Caviar, Fig Chutney
[Image: Dec%2031%20NYE%20Dinner%204_zpsi9wfwgbu.jpg]

Assorted goodies to go with - the regulars plus Smoked Salmon mousse and a chunk of blue cheese which was sure good with the chutney.
[Image: Dec%2031%20NYE%20Dinner%203_zpsvri8vg1w.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
HAPPY NEW YEAR'S DAY - 1/1/17

What's on the menu for today??  Found a filet in the freezer and I think baked Swt. potato with crème fraiche and caviar with bubbly. Our later snack should be Hoppin' John for  good luck.

Hope everyone is having a great New Year's weekend!!!!

I raise my glass to all our wonderful friends - near and far (and I sure wish the 'far' friends would come back!) - thank you for your friendship over the years and many, many more to come!!
[Image: wine_zpszzpind2b.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com