Char-Broil Turkey Fryer

More than anyone will probably ever want to know about the Char-Broiler…. did a search in the bowels of my computer and found this conversation with Marina/Piano (miss her!!)

Char-Broil Tru-Infrared Turkey  Fryer

Piano’s (Marina) notes on her new one –

So after a bit of research...I found this little gem. Char-Broil The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Oil-less Turkey Fryer. I have received it yesterday and decided to make a stuffed chicken just to make sure I am not going to ruin my Thanksgiving dinner. I have to say that I never had such a juicy roast chicken. It was absolutely delicious and took just about an hour to make. I will give you guys a full report on this after the turkey has been cooked but so far it looks very promising. The chicken skin was super crisp and the meat was really like I just deep fried it.
---------------

Me - Char-Broil The Big Easy TRU-Infrared Oil-less Turkey Fryer - We met folks with one of these on our last trip and they loved it, also. I've been lusting for one ever since. I have one question tho and I hope Marina is still around. I read this in the reviews, have you found it to be correct??

"Tip:

If you cover the turkey with olive oil, the turkey will darken so if you like the blacken turkey or dark turkey, coat the turkey with oil. Do not put oil on the wing tips because the tip will burn quicker.
If you use olive oil, do not place the cover on the fryer and in fact you really don't need to put the lid on at all. I
did not put oil on the back of the turkey just to compare the color of the turkey. You don't need to put oil on the turkey because the turkey will have a pretty brown color without the oil."

I just may give in.....

-------------

Marina –
Hi
I called the manufacturer and apparently it is true. I cooked my chicken without cover and than covered it just to check and sure enough it became much darker within minutes. The lady also said that prime rib, pork roast are really good. I will be experimenting with the prime rib on Friday.

----------------------
Hello,

The Char-broil tru infared turkey fryer worked like a charm. Super juicy wonderful Turkey. We stuffed ours but next time I will not do so. The stuffing from the regular oven turkey comes out better.

Overall 5 stars for the turkey though.

----------
Hi Jean,

You asked about Olive oil and I answered or so I thought. I called Char=broil and the customer service rep said that olive oil will darken the turkey. I did not use Olive oil on mine and it was perfectly browned.

We also did Prime-rib in it the next day and that came out great too.

-----------
Me -I hope you're still around. I remembered what I asked - is it necessary to purchase any of the accessories for the unit? There was a basket of some sort offered and I didn't know if I should get it. I didn't.
---------------
I ordered mine directly from the manufacturer and it came with some accessories like rib hooks, and a special thing for drumstics etc. I think the basket is good if you want to do a whole chicken to fit it better but I dont have it.
---------

Marina - My number is 408 655 ----. You know i did not use the remote thermometer but did use the old fashioned one. I did prime rib that way and it came out great. Call me if you have any other questions. I have a pork roast in it as we speak, I will let you know tomorrow if it was good or not.

Happy Cooking

Hi,

We just fininshed two types of pork roast. One was pork shoulder and the other one was tenderloin. THere were the best roasts that i have ever made. We both liked pork shoulder a little better .One trick i found out today...our temperature outside was about 32 degrees and it was not heating up enough until I put the lid on. But after I put the lid on it really started going and came out great.

Hi,

It is THAT easy...i swear. I basically took garlic salt and paprika rubbed it all over and stuck it in. I did get one extra accessory that I used yesterday so I was able to put the pork shoulder on the bottom and tenderloin on the top and did take it out sooner.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0026T6778/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I loved the way our chicken came out..but if I had a choice between pork and chicken...I would go with the pork but I am much more pork/lamb/beef person than chicken person.

Call me if you have any questions. I think i am going to try doing fish next. Like a whole trout or something and also a duck. I might go to the store to get that today.

I cant wait for you to try it. I hope you love it as much as I do.

Marina – 12/8/13

I highly recommend doing the ribs. My fryer came with a few accessories and one of them were 4 rib hooks. I used those. They came out great. Just hung them on the basket and did roast on the bottom of the basket. Ribs got great reviews from my guests.
------------------
Ribs took a tad more than an hour. I made a very small roast not even two lbs so basically when the temperature of the roast came to 150 I turned the fryer off and let it sit for another 10 min or so. Yes the duck,,going to asian market tomorrow to get one.
All of the above are Marina’s notes – I think
-------------
My note -
Dec 5, 2013 – I did a pork tenderloin with just Good Sh*t and paprika, then schmeared
With an Asian sauce of some sort.
[Image: Asian%20Pork%20Tenderloin%20Dec.%205%201...5vpbpk.jpg] 
Also the same week (we were on the road) did a chicken and again it was wonderful.

----------------------
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Char-Broil Turkey Fryer by cjs ([color=#000000][size...)
Good notes, Jean!  Now it will be easier to find the info!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
darn, I'm getting olderly! I want to go use mine, IF Mother nature would turn the heat up a little. 30° is just too cold to do any outdoor cooking....for me. I remember in Illinois, I'd grill in 3 feet of snow. Sad Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Now I want one of these more than ever! The turkey my son-in-law made for Christmas dinner was amazing.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Your Birthday's not too far off..... Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Thanks for the reminder! It's going on my wish list!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."