How Do You Measure Sweetened Condensed Milk?
  Re: How Do You Measure Sweetened Condensed Milk? by BarbaraS (How do you measure s...)
This was my recipe:

9 inch graham cracker crust
3 cups sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup key lime juice
1 Tbs grated lime zest

1. Preheat oven to 350°F.

2. Combine all ingredients, stir and pour into pie shell. Bake 5 to 8 minutes, Do not Brown.

3. Chill thoroughly before serving.

It turned out really good.  Not tooth-achingly sweet.  Made the standard graham cracker crust.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
  Re: How Do You Measure Sweetened Condensed Milk? by BarbaraS (How do you measure s...)
I'll throw another into the mix here! Smile

Trisha’s (at Carrabelle River Marina) Key Lime Pie

I have not made this pie yet, but we did have it at the restaurant and loved it.  Feb 14, 2013 had this on Valentine's day in Carrabelle, FL at the River Marina

[Image: Feb%2014%20Key%20Lime%20Pie_zps1yt7vu9i.jpg]

9 inch graham cracker crust
2 1/2 cups sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup sour cream
3/4 cup key lime juice
1 Tbs grated lime zest

Preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine all ingredients, stir and pour into pie shell. Bake 5 to 8 minutes, Do not Brown.

Chill thoroughly before serving.

This is the Crew from the restaurant - such a fun night!!
[Image: Feb%2014%20the%20Crew%20at%20River%20Mar...omcquv.jpg]

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
The recipe I used was very close to yours.  I had that one bookmarked in my favorites.  Very easy recipe and very good!

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
How are things going for you, Barbara? Still really crazy at work? It's Friday - hope you feet are up and you're enjoying a cocktail or 3 or 4 Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
HI, Barbara!  I agree with Jean!  I hope you can take a break this weekend!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Jean the Key Lime pies you get in FL. are always superior to those everywhere else. Something in the soil or the water makes the limes really special. I can still taste in my head, the ones my aunt who lived in Key West used to make. I was 10 years old at the time.
Alina,

When I had this recipe in my hand I saw two bags of key limes at Wegmans.  A reviewer said it would take about 20 limes to get 3/4 cup of juice.  I opted for a bottle of Nellie and Joe's Famous Key Lime Juice instead of buying the two bags of limes.

Barbara
My first New Year's resolution.............make Key Lime Pie!! Smile
www.achefsjourney.com