DINNER THREAD - 1/2/17 - 1/8/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 1/2/17 - 1/8/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
I got to try beef cheeks in an appetizer once at Michael Symon's restaurant, "Lola". Really amazing flavor.

It has warmed up to 15 degrees here. Wink We had a cup of split pea soup with ham in between basketball games, then Ron wants to go to Best Buy. So, we will probably just pick up something on the way home. Although now that Trixxee has mentioned an Outback burger, that is calling my name!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
We both enjoyed the Split Pea soup we finished up last week so much that I had him pick up another bag of peas and I'm going to make another batch. Just hit the spot this time.

We still have our snow and it was supposed to snow again yesterday, but all we got was a little slushy rain, but too cold to dissolve the snow we had. Tongue Daphne, there's a chance you'll get a little snow, also??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Sunday Dinner - 1/8/17??

What's on the menu for today?? 

I have some l/o pumpkin waffles which we'll have for a football brunch, but have no idea what we'll have later - maybe split pea soup.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
They were calling for some frozen precipitation, but the only thing I noticed was a little bit of sleet briefly.  But boy is it cold!!!!!

We will have leftover soup for lunch, but I'm not sure about dinner yet.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
I would up getting soup and salad at Outback last night instead of a burger so Tony's idea of meatloaf today sounds good (especially since he's making it).  Boxed au gratin potatoes and fresh steamed broccoli and carrots as sides.  This will give us leftovers for tomorrow, the return to school after being off three weeks.
Oh, how I remember getting back in the groove after Christmas/Winter break......
www.achefsjourney.com
Me, too!  I ran into a former colleague yesterday.  When I told her about my retirement, she made the statement that "Sunday night and full moons take on a whole new meaning."  The same is true for holidays and summer break!

I have been craving country fried steak, mashed potatoes, and peas for weeks.  Today is perfect weather for this comfort food, and staying at the trailor this weekend means today I am free all afternoon.  So I guess I'll see if I can pull off a big meal in my little kitchen.   Big Grin
Daphne
Sure you will!! It really can be fun when you can reach everything within 1-3 steps, Daphne. I love cooking in my trailer kitchen!
www.achefsjourney.com
Holly invited us over for a casual dinner. She said she was making French dips. I made a devils food cake with marshmallow frosting like my mom used to make. Ron always loved it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Jean, it does have its advantages.  I'm getting ready to find out if I can tenderize meat and fry it without making a complete mess!  Should be interesting.

Maryann, I came really close to picking French Dips for dinner.  But the mashed potatoes and gravy won.  But later this week, there is a strong possibility.  That's a good quick easy for a late work day.
Daphne