DINNER THREAD - 1/9/17 - 1/15/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 1/9/17 - 1/15/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Like minds and all that...I have ribs that will be going into the Instant Pot, then out on the gas grill for glazing. 28 degrees doesn't stop Ron from grilling. Big Grin
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Steak night has moved to tonight.  Waiting for William to hook up the tank to the grill.  He went to visit Sally next door.  We've been gone two weeks and we didn't get to see her when we were here New Year's, so it's been over a month.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Sunday Dinner - 1/15/17??

What's for dinner??

I have some ribs left, so I'm thinking pizza and I used 'smooshed' up baked beans for a sauce a while back on this kind of pizza and really liked it, so will do that again, also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
The guys are going to a hockey game but before they go I'm making another chef's salad.

I'm trying to get real serious about dropping some weight-  I'm not happy with myself AT ALL right now.  For breakfast I topped 1/2 english muffin with 1/4 of a mashed avocado (seems to be all the rage now) topped with a scrambled egg.   Sliced organic tangelo and sliced kiwi on the side.  Tasted great and looked very pretty.
Good luck, Trixxee! I had more trouble losing weight in the winter than in the summer - all the time! Tongue
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I adore avocados, but just can't eat them for breakfast.  Tried a variation of eggs benedict a while back, with an avocado hollandaise, but decided that it was more "brunch" than "breakfast".  Who knows why.   Tongue

We just started no wheat, no sugar, no dairy for a few weeks as penance for everything that we enjoyed over the holidays.  Tow days in and we're getting antsy...  good luck with your plan, Trixxee!!
Vicci

my cooking adventures
www.victoriasdays.blogspot.com
That certainly seems to be the current recommendation by nutritionists these days to avoid all the "white stuff." It's probably a great way to "detox" after the holidays. I saw a soup recipe that Giada makes and uses regularly in between holidays and heavy eating events. It's basically a chicken broth with some chunks of chicken and spinach. I can post it if anyone wants it.

Trixxee, I still remember the long walks you used to talk about and that has inspired me to get moving again. I used to walk Charlie for an hour every day, 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes at night and I was also working full time then. Well, that went by the wayside this past year and I can feel it!

Last night I made a big pot of beef vegetable soup, easy on the beef, heavy on the veggies. I'm taking half to my dad, but Ron and I will be feeding off of it for lunch for the next few days. I always pack his lunch so that he doesn't eat fast food, and that is usually a healthy type of sandwich and a cup of soup.
Maryann

Just cannot go with 'no white stuff' - I have no will power in that regard!!!

Yes, to the recipe for the soup, Maryann - I can handle dishes like that if I'm just thinking nice flavor...not putting a "point of why I'm eating it over my head. (does that make sense?

I bet Charlie misses those walks, too!
www.achefsjourney.com
Here you go! She makes it sound almost like your pampering yourself, LOL.

http://giadzy.com/posts/437025/whole-food-cleanse
Maryann

Thanks Maryann
www.achefsjourney.com