DINNER THREAD - 1/9/17 - 1/15/17
Star    
Monday's Dinner - 1/9/17??

What's for dinner today?  

Appts. today, so have no idea where or what.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 1/9/17 - 1/15/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Still looking for inspiration. No idea, yet.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
After last night's disappointment, I was not anxious to cook.  I gave William several options.  He chose fried chicken at Lowe's Food.  Ashley had gotten a box from there for lunch Christmas Eve.  It's even better than the chicken at Hills at home.  And that's saying a lot!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Oh no! What happened, Daphne? Was it a nightmare trying to cook in the trailer?

I have to admit that in all the years we had a trailer, (16 years and 3 trailers) we never successfully cooked very much inside any of them. We could heat things up on the stove like soup or put a small pizza in the oven, but that was about it. All of our cooking was done outside on a grill or a portable propane stove that we kept stored in one of the outside cupboards.

You will probably find it much easier to cook something at home over the weekend to take to the trailer that you can just warm up. That way, you can just add a salad and bread and have a meal ready quickly.
Maryann

Oh no...the cooking went great!  Gravy, potatoes and peas were perfect!  It was the Walmart meat!  YUCK!  Lesson RElearned!

I did discover my cast iron skillet was too big for the stove, but I managed to adjust.  And I know to get one of my smaller skillets this weekend.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Like Maryann, we love to do the cooking/grilling outside (on the road as well as home!), but I'm glad the kitchen did work out for you. I love my little kitchen in the trailer and I remember telling Roy the only thing I'd probably never try on the road is ice cream, but only because of freezer space. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Tuesday's Dinner 1/10/17??

What's on the menu for today?? 

We both have cabin fever, so we're going to meet up with the Motley Crew somewhere tonight. Made a 2nd batch of split pea soup yesterday - enjoyed the other batch so much- so we'll have a bowl for lunch.
www.achefsjourney.com
We have to have something quick and easy tonight as we are taking Heather and James to the airport. They are leaving on an anniversary trip to Napa Valley. The kiddos are staying with us part of the time and with Holly for some.

So, I'm thinking of making Bernadette's Seafood Alfredo with Penne Pasta, and some roasted veggies on the side. All the prep can be done ahead of time before we have to leave.
Maryann

Oh crap! Napa valley is flooding! The Russian river is in bad shape. What a shame that the sightseeing areas won't be at their best.
www.achefsjourney.com
I'm so glad you mentioned that, Jean, because I doubt that my son-in-law even knows that! I'm going to sneak a call to him right now and see if he can't change their reservations to another area. They are going to have a rental car, so can pretty much go wherever they want to.
Maryann