DINNER THREAD 1/23/17 - 1/29/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD 1/23/17 - 1/29/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Good deal on the Tenderloin!! Smile

MIKE SMITH DID IT AGAIN!!!! I love that jockey so much! I hated that Calif. Chrome couldn't do better in his last race. that was sad.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Sunday Dinner, 1/29/17??

What's for dinner today??

I'm up in the air....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Corned beef, cabbage & carrots.  I think I'll skip the potatoes this time around.

Mike Smith is awesome, as is Arrogate.  I too am disappointed the way CC ran, hope there isn't anything actually wrong.  Maybe he's just tired.  He'll be headed off to the breeding shed for the next couple of months.  He sure brought more people to the sport, just like Zenyatta did.  I will miss him.

Edited to add, found this.

http://www.drf.com/news/california-chrom...-world-cup
We have an assortment of l/os from Chinatown so we will have that in between parent visits and basketball games. Busy day.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
My favorite kind of meal, Maryann!!! Smorgasbord! Smile

Sad article, Trixxee

Rolleyes Smile Got so interested in the article and Maryann's dinner, forgot to post our dinner.

Found a bag of Hoisin Pork from October to be used up. Topping Stir-Fry bean sprouts - Ming Tsi's recipe that we just love!!
www.achefsjourney.com
Just saw this recipe on Noble Pig and it is calling my name for lunch one day this week.  I love the idea of the mashed avocado & dressing together.
http://www.spendwithpennies.com/avocado-...alad-wrap/
I was going to read the article, but when Jean said it was so sad, I decided to pass.  A few minutes ago, I had a few minutes of grief overcome me, I didn't think my emotions could take it.  Thankfully, those times are coming less frequently, but still very intense.

We are having our usual fried chicken leftovers.  The tenderloins last night were WONDERFUL!  I have several steak dinners and stir fries set aside for later.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Oh Daphne, I'm sorry I kept you from reading about such a wonderful horse - it is just sad to me when all us old horses are slowly going over the hill! Wink But, he is going to be happy stud for a while.....
www.achefsjourney.com
Oh, then I may check into it later!  Good to know its not THAT sad.  But then again, last night, anything  sad would have broken the dam of tears.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.