DINNER THREAD - 1/30 - 2/5/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 1/30 - 2/5/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
I have a particular Spicy Peanut Butter Sauce which I try to always have in the freezer and this is what I used (thinned out a little) and combined with the l/o fried calamari from yesterday's lunch, over Ramen noodles. So darn good!!! Of course with a little drizzle of Thai Sweet Chili Sauce. Neither wine we had was real good with it - should have had a Riesling.
[Image: Feb%203%20Calamari%20topped%20P.butter%2...neanal.jpg][/img]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
We didn't have our beef and broccoli for lunch yesterday, so I decided I wanted it for dinner again....it was that good.  Therefore, the Marsala is tonight.  It's been a long time, so I'm really looking forward to it.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Jean, do you ever drink beer with Asian food? We both like it with quite a few dishes.

Well, I am finally over what turned into a month long cold and Ron got it. So, we may not be doing a whole lot this weekend. Sad

For dinner tonight, I made Cuisine's recipe for clam chowder soup and baked some cod filets with buttered bread crumbs. Steamed broccoli on the side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
No, I do quite often with Mexican but not Asian. Good idea, thanks Maryann.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Saturday's Dinner, 2/4/17??

What's in the menu for today??

Looking forward to today's dinner - I braised (old style - in the oven Smile ) chuck roast chunks and the gravy is so luscious. Will have over noodles and a salad of some kind.
www.achefsjourney.com
We wound up having leftovers (and a piece of Michael's cheese pizza) so tonight it's the chipotle shrimp bisque.
Yum, Jean!  You're making me want to have pot roast again!

Tonight is steak night, of course.  William opted to stay in Southport this weekend, which is very helpful.  I'll go drop off the clothes to wash while I run get groceries.  I have already cleaned out the fridge, but I'm debating the wisdom of freezing the two servings of Chicken Parm from Tuesday night.  Anyway, after a quick cleaning this afternoon, we can kick back and enjoy the rest of the weekend.   Big Grin
Daphne
Jean, for Asian food that is either a little sweet, hot, or fried, we like a dark beer with it. One that we drink frequently (at home, you won't find it in a Chinese restaurant) is Warsteiner Dunkel. Try it sometime, you might be surprised.

We picked up babyback ribs on sale at Acme, so putting a rack of those in the IP. Steamed baby bok choy on the side, and maybe some rice.

Daphne, how's it going? Sounds like you are having way too much fun living IN town. Big Grin
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
It's going good.  Last week was a very very successful week...much better than the week before.

And yes, we are having a wonderful time living in civilization.  Having choices is awesome!!! Big Grin
Daphne
So glad to hear the upbeat in your posts, Daphne!

Thanks Maryann, note made of the beer and we'll look for it.

Today -
Comfort food at its best – Braised Chuck roast with Truffle buttered Noodles. Oh my, did we overeat today!!! Served with an Apothic Dark Red Blend, which was just icing on the cake. 
[Image: Feb%204%20Braised%20Chuck%20Roast%20w%20...tinfr5.jpg]
I will always be grateful to Vicci for introducing us to Apothic!!!!!!  

Next time I'm going to double up on the gravy/other ingredients (over the meat)! We love the gravy. Heart Heart Rolleyes
www.achefsjourney.com