DINNER THREAD, 2/6/17 - 2/12/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 2/6/17 - 2/12/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
I agree!  Poor Roy!

We are having Chile Colorado Burritos and the Spanish Rice side recommended.  Since I didn't get the groceries until this afternoon, I'm using the Pressure Cooker setting on the IP.  I also couldn't find the Caldo de Tomato for the enchilada sauce, so I subbed enchilada sauce for tomato sauce and added a packet of taco seasoning.  FINGERS CROSSED!

With the two meals of Chicken Parm and Mushroom Pork Marsala, I will be adding at least 2-3 more meals of the burritos to the freezer for a stock pile of meals for late days when I'm just not motivated.   Big Grin
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Update!  The beef was perfect, and the sauce was good, but I would prefer making it in the slow cooker.  I think the longer slow cook time should allow the sauce to flavor the beef a little more.  The modifications to the sauce worked, but I'd rather stick to the recipe from now on.  It was a little thin.  To be honest, I couldn't tell you if it had to do with the pressure cooker method or the sauce modifications.

Anyway, I now have two more meals for the freezer.  The vacuum sealer is moving to the camper this weekend.  Even William accepts that it is a good move.  I'm glad I'm taking my time moving things here.  This way, I'm only moving things I miss using.
Daphne
I needed something quick and easy tonight, so put some chicken legs in a brine this morning, then into the IP tonight. Sooo easy. 15 minutes with one cup of water. Perfection. The meat was really moist and tender. I made a light sauce with diced tomatoes, a bit of garlic and some alfredo sauce, added some of the chicken and put it over linguine. We had sautéed spinach for a side.

Trixxee, I hope you aren't sore and bruised tomorrow. Those things have a way of coming back to haunt us. I had the exact same accident in a grocery store years ago, only I landed on my butt. Sure was embarrassed and pretty sore for a few days.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Daphne, not sure which beef roast you made?? The I posted last week? or another one?? What a help it will be to have the sealer with you in the trailer - with your hours and schedule.

You are certainly tempting me, MS Maryann!! Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Wednesday's Dinner, 2/8/17??

What's for dinner today??

I'm craving enchiladas (since we couldn't meet the Motley Crew last night at the Mexican restaurant Sad  ) So, I'm making a small dish of them today.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I've been having the same craving, Jean. Are you making chicken or beef?

Since we have some l/o chicken from last night, that will be turned into chicken salad sandwiches on crusty hearth baked rolls with a side of tomato soup.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I'm using up some Chicken. These are cheap & dirty, we'll see how they compare with a more traditional dish.
www.achefsjourney.com
Thanks Maryann.  Apparently I fell on my left knee and my right butt cheek.  It all happened so fast.  But when I got up yesterday I could see a bruise on the bum.  Nothing that won't heal.  Kroger's headquarters did call me to take a report and the woman was kind of irritated that no one offered me any first aid - that's not protocol.  We'll see what happens.

Anyway, I think we are having bunless cheeseburgers topped with grilled onions and a side of broccoli.  I really had wanted to lose 10 pounds by next weekend and if I don't really watch it between now and then I'll fall short.
Good luck on the pounds remaining!!

These cheap and dirty enchiladas were not bad at all, but the recipe was written so poorly, I'm going to redo.
[Image: feb%207%20001_zpsuhvoklkn.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
Jean, I'm not sure what you are referencing about pot roast.  I have mentioned this week that I want to try yours.  Last night I used a chuck roast for the Chile Colorado Burritos instead of beef stew meat...used the chuck to make my own.

Today is William's birthday, so I offered to make him a steak dinner.  We had Chicken Ramen Stir Fry on the menu, but I knew he would prefer the steak.  I'll just shuffle everything up a day!
Daphne