DINNER THREAD, 2/13/17 - 2/19/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 2/13/17 - 2/19/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Enjoy your weekend, Daphne! Good luck on Monday with William's procedure.

Trixxee, hope you will be able to check in today and let us know if you are okay. The storm that hit your area looked frightening. Sad

Dinner will be on the run today. We have kids basketball playoff games, and it's my mother-in-law's birthday, so we will be visiting as well. Might stop at a place on the way home that makes amazing gyros.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Yes, do check in, Trixxee!  My daughter is out your way for the next few days.  Bless her heart, she has waited a long time to go back to California, and the weather looks to be nasty the whole time she is there.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Jean - can you share that beef /sweet potato curry recipe if it turned out good?   We are not feeling well (colds) so something easy - chili colorado burritos though won't bother with the tortilla.

We had so much rain but not even half of what some areas got.  Sink holes all over So. Cal.  On the Cajon Pass a lane gave way and a fire truck tumbled down - miraculously no one died.  Two of them jumped off and the driver was ok.  I despise that highway even more now.

Thanks for asking.  Hope your daughter enjoys her visit despite the weather.  That's too bad.  Bad season for any visitors.
Daphne, you and Maryann's offspring's have very bad timing visiting California this year!!!! What a shame.

Trixxee, I saw that sinkhole the fire truck fell in - unbelievable. They caught it all in slow motion!! The slides would sure have hampered us if we were still on the hill. Slides east and west of us on 80.

This is just crazy - I think the Gods really are pi$$ed at us.....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I'm glad you guys are okay.  I hate that you guys are sick, though.  We have two kinds of flu around here, so we are trying really hard to wash hands constantly and use hand sanitizer.
Daphne
The Beef & Sweet Potato Curry is a very good dish - Roy gives it a 10+ and I'll give it 8+. I have liked other curries better, but I would make this again. The heat on this one is a good one for us.

[Image: Feb%2018Beef%20Swt%20Potato%20Curry_zpsxabvtbp9.jpg]
Issue #121, page 19
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
My chicken got vetoed.  William wanted steak.  Since he wanted steak, I made him go get them.  Good thing too!  Somebody mislabeled two beautiful giant rib eyes as thin rib eyes at 1 lb @$10 something per pound!  He got these suckers for 10 BUCKS!

(I'll try to load the picture tomorrow....too much wine to even try!  LOL!)

Maybe not...I'm giving it a shot!

[Image: IMG_0642.jpg]

Stir fry next week!   Big Grin
Daphne
Wow - those are some steaks!  What part of CA is your daughter visiting, Daphne?

I am think about making this, served over a bed of spinach.  I have all the ingredients and since tomorrow is a holiday, I'm not feeling the "panicky Sunday night/Monday morning have to get ready for the school week" sensation so I think a nice dinner is in order.  This isn't overly complicated, but it still would put way too much pressure on me to make it on a weeknight.  Looks very restauranty to me and I do have some finely shredded mozz to use up.

http://www.familyfoodonthetable.com/chic...-lombardy/
We have family dinner at Holly's today. It's Katie's 14th birthday! We are having lasagna, salad, and birthday cake. I'm taking an antipasta and garlic bread. Yes, it will be a regular carb coma. Big Grin
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
congrats on getting the picture, Daphne! Smile Smile Smile Looks wonderful.

The chicken dish looks tasty! I have a question (or a whine Smile ) -why do bloggers have to post so many repeats of the finished dish?? I can see posting methods for a lot of cooks, but good Lord they almost all seem to overdo it before you can get to the recipes.

Wow!! 14???? Happy, Happy Birthday, Katie Smile
www.achefsjourney.com