Mini Meatball Maker Review

Italian wedding soup made with bone broth in the IP. The meatballs were made with this new gadget.

https://www.amazon.com/Surfix-Mini-meat-...ball+maker

[Image: IMG_0563_zpsvs2y8aut.jpg]
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: Mini Meatball Maker Review by Mare749 (Italian wedding soup...)
Love the bowl pattern!! How the hell does that ball  maker work??? Dodgy

And, the soup looks really good, also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Jean, I was going to say, "What shesaid". But then I looked further down the page in the Q&A section and it was explained their.  Pretty slick!  Soup looks yum yum!  I need to try that soup .  I have never had it.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
I admit I don't make meatballs often enough to need a special tool, but why not use a cookie scoop? What am I missing?
Interesting gadget and your soup looks great Maryann.  I have made one version or another a couple of times and it's always so good.
O.K.. what the heck - gadgets are fun!! Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Yes, they are fun and fortunately for me, this one works pretty well. I make an awful lot of those little meatballs. Alina, I don't actually know how a cookie scoop would work, but it probably would be just fine and achieve the same thing.

Jean, the soup bowl is Pfalzgraff and I got those bowls and dinner plates on clearance at their outlet store. I love stoneware and I don't have to have everything matching, so it's one of those places that I love to go. I actually got some other bowls for 99 cents a piece one time because they discontinued the pattern.

Trixxee, I usually use that tiny pearl pasta, small meatballs, and a handful of greens in my wedding soup, but some people like to add chick peas instead of the pasta. It's one of my favorite soups.
Maryann

I love buying dishes like that, too! I have so many 2s and 4s of different place settings. One of the reasons this kitchen is so frustrating - right now I have to keep almost all of them out in the storage room, so not the least bit handy.
www.achefsjourney.com
I think it's cool!  Making 50 meatballs in less than five minutes versus scooping them?  Heck yea!

I love Pfaltzgraff!  I'd love to have an outlet nearby!  But if I'm not mistaken, most are all in the northeast?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
I was hoping it wasn't true, but the outlet store by me has closed. When I checked online, it said that all of the outlet stores have closed. Sad

So, now the only options are the online store or JC Penney and maybe Walmart.
Maryann