DINNER THREAD, 2/20/17 - 2/26/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 2/20/17 - 2/26/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Yes, Jean, we LOVE that recipe!

Trixxee, I am so sorry to hear about your brother.  From what I can tell, your family seems very close.  So that will help all of you as you go forward.  Your family will be in my prayers.

We are having the French Onion Salisbury Steak tonight with leftover cabbage and any other greens lurking in the fridge that need eating.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Wednesday's Dinner, 2/22/17

What's for dinner today??

We have leftover leftover enchiladas and rice & beans, so we'll clean that up today. Also, a Costco run to pick up some fish/seafood - freezer completely empty.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Do you really have an empty freezer??? I can't even imagine that! Big Grin

We are having fish tonight also. Baked cod with an Asian glaze, steamed jasmine rice, and Gai lan. (Chinese broccoli) Smile
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Oh, sounds like a great dinner!

No, just nothing fishy... Wink
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
That does sound good, Maryann!

I was going to say...you with an empty freezer would be like a car without wheels!

I've ditched the dinner plan again...I just wanted to come home and sit on the patio with a glass of wine while something cooks on the grill.  So we are having ribs with corn on the cob and green beans.  Didn't even mess with the IP.  I've been sitting in front of a computer working on a map for the past 3 hours.  I figured I earned the break.   Angel
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Michael has a lot of homework tonight so going something easy - grilled bunless burgers and sauteed spinach.
Thank God there aren't too many of us on here right now because this going to sound so (I'm not sure what) maybe pretentious - what I do have fish-wise in the freezer is..... Tongue lobster, clams, oysters, and alligator (kinda fish) BUT, no salmon, cod, or prawns - which are the goodies I use so often.

So, now I have cod & prawns, but I only saw farm raised salmon at Costco - no way!
www.achefsjourney.com
Thursday's Dinner, 2/23/17??

What's on the menu for today??

The Snow is back!!! Tuesday night there were so many baskets of Tortilla chips left on the table, a couple of us scooped them up. Now I have to use them!! We're have nachos again.
www.achefsjourney.com
I have to stay home today so I'm making Sunday sauce and meatballs. Some friends are coming home from Florida today and I invited them for dinner since their fridge will be empty. So am doing a baked pasta, garlic bread and a mixed green salad on the side.

We are warm and rainy here, but suppose to get that snow on Saturday.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
What a shame, they're coming home to snow in a couple days!

This is O.T., but can't post pictures in a PM - Maryann, I thought of the young chefs the minute I saw this. Darn, wish the great-grandkids were closer. Wink

French Toast and Sausage Roll-Ups

Sausages are rolled up in a blanket of French toast in this easy recipe,  a fun and tasty breakfast for kids and families. Serve the wrapped sausages with fresh fruit and breakfast hash brown potatoes for a hearty, great-tasting breakfast. 

[Image: french-toast-sausage-wraps-24-56a8c3e35f...seurw6.jpg]

French Toast Wraps

Aren't these cute?? Smile
www.achefsjourney.com