DINNER THREAD, 2/20/17 - 2/26/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 2/20/17 - 2/26/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Everyone's dinners sound delicious. Busy day here, so we just made fish sandwiches with some breaded flounder that I got at Sam's Club. Coleslaw on the side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Saturday's Dinner, 2/25/17??

What's on the menu for today?? 

I have enough leftover Caramel chicken (hid it from Roy Rolleyes  ) to have it over mashed potatoes, rice, hmmmm, not sure what.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Katie has a playoff basketball game tonight, so we will be eating on the run, probably something drive-thru. Wink
Maryann

Drive thru anything sounds like a plan.  Today is not a good day - tax day, and last night my Samsung Galaxy 6 melted into the carpet while being charged.  The carpet is literally ruined, as is the phone.  Big old run around with Samsung about it.  I'm shocked a company this large is run like this as far as their customer service department is concerned.

Ok, rant over.
Oh Trixxee - ranting and furious, for me it would go on for months!!! So, we're here for you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Trixxe, is that the phone that's been in the news?  WOW!  I'd be ranting, too!

Jean, the bowls weren't pretty, but they were nice and crispy.  Considering my limitations, I was very pleased.  I just draped them over a ball of foil and popped them into the little toaster oven.  I thought it had a little more clearance than the oven, but I've decided I'm wrong on that.

Tonight we are cleaning out the fridge.  

William surveyed a lot in Southport this morning while I stayed home to watch FN favorites and enjoy the sunny warm morning.  Then I went in at noon.  We had lunch together, and then he dropped me off at the office and went home to nap.  Meaning, we are staying in Southport another weekend.   Angel
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Sunday Dinner, 2/26/17

What's for dinner today??

I have l/o cauliflower from the 2 'steaks' so I'm going to use it in Issue #121 - Cauliflower Gratin with Gruyere & Parmesan. My fridge is packed full - great chicken sale going on and bought 3 plus JustForYou Safeway thing had a free bag of fresh tortellini. Roy couldn't choose flavor, so brought home 2 kinda defeats the purpose, but........... [Image: smile.png] Lots of food [Image: smile.png]
www.achefsjourney.com
We have a busy day here. Leaving at noon to pick up friends and go to the Botanical Gardens for Orchid Mania. http://www.cbgarden.org/orchid-mania.aspx
Then, going to Charm Thai for dinner and another basketball game. Katie's team won last night, so another game tonight.

Trixxee, I hope today is a whole lot better than what you went through yesterday. What a nightmare. It reminded me of when Sasha (husky) was a puppy and dug a big hole right in the middle of the living room carpet. Fortunately, we had an extra piece and when the repairman was finished sewing it in, you couldn't even tell.
Maryann

Beautiful!! My dad-in-law grew orchids and I remember just sitting and looking at them!!

Go Katie and team!!! Good on them.
www.achefsjourney.com
Believe me, the ranting started the moment I woke up this morning.  To be honest, I'm almost embarrassed at how we are at each others throats over a phone and over something we didn't cause.  But every time I look at and smell that carpet......

I guess we don't do well with mini crisis.  LOL.  And I'll be damned if I'm going to spend ANOTHER $600-$700 on a phone.  No such thing as a free phone with a 2 year plan commitment anymore.