So my latest debacle
Wink    
sort of characterizes my last few years.  Attempting to cook sea scallops (one of my favoritists things) in the sous vide:  I had properly prepped all the things I would need for subsequent steps - my scallops were room temp - all the sides were ready to go and wait for it...................................................................................................

I attached the sous vide machine upside down, so now, sports fans - (since I can't recall the default setting - you get to read italics) which sort of characterizes the whole attempt to cook dinner.
  Re: So my latest debacle by SallyH (sort of characterize...)
Oh Sally!! I'm laughing with you (I hope!) and not at you!!!! Smile You may have to call the manufacturer because if even steam gets into the works too much, it causes a malfunction. I've not done anything which takes many hours (some have it going 24 hrs.), they have to use a cover to both keep the water level high enough (stop evaporation) and to keep moisture from the 'innards'.

Hope you'll call them first thing and get their advice. Good Luck! You are braver than I in trying scallops in the first place.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
OH dear!  That can't be good!  I hope you can get it working again.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
What a bummer. Did you contact the manufacturer?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Sorry for the long delay in answering - The water was room temp so steam was not an issue- I very carefully dried it off, put it on a towel and looked at it two days later.  Plugged it in, and it worked! When I next used it, it sputtered a bit, but I have to believe that alot of the engineering that goes into these devices are geared for people like me, who misue these devices.

Back in the '90s I was able to delete windows from my computer, which was considered impossible by computer people.  I took it in to one store to fix it and the tech was astonished that I did that.  He asked me how I had managed to delete windows and when I told him, he just shook his head and said I had found a back door that no one had thought of.  He said that people who know how computers work would never do that and that more engineering went into people-proofing than the actual machine.  Apparently, not enough!
Oh good Lord, Sally!!! Please stay away from my tools.... Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Sally, that is hilarious!  I'm sure it wasn't at the time, though.

I'm glad your Anova is working.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.