DINNER THREAD - 3/6/17 - 3/12/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 3/6/17 - 3/12/17 by cjs (Monday's Dinner, 3/6...)
Tuesday's Dinner, 3/7/17??

What's for dinner for everyone today?? 

We'll be out with the Motley Crew tonight, but have to make a Costco run about lunchtime so probably Roy will be able to get a Costco hot dog and I'm thinking one of their big ice cream cones. Smile Smile Smile  
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Patties look great.  Mmmm....ice cream.  Smile

I am trying this new recipe tonight.

https://todayscreativelife.com/chinese-b...een-beans/
Wow, the flavors sound delicious in that bean dish!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Not a Cuisine recipe, but an old favorite from Billy, Roast Chicken with Ginger. We'll have some steamed rice and Chinese Broccoli with it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
change of plans - darn it, I was looking forward to a Costco Ice Cream Sad - Roy remembered mid-morning of the peanut sauced patties waiting in the fridge to morph into burgers....so, that what we had. And, mixing cilantro with the mayo really added a nice flavor to the burger. Will certainly do this one again.
www.achefsjourney.com
Wednesday's Dinner, 3/8/17??

What's on the menu for today?? 

I'm following your lead, Maryann - Making an old recipe from [email=C@H]C@H[/email] Issue # 33 (June 2002). Pan Roasted Pork Chops with Bourbon Sauce. The suggested side is a twice-baked potato, which I just happened to have in the freezer! 

Appt. with optometrist this a.m., so should know how my sight has changed and hopefully a new prescription for whatever glasses I'll need. Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Still debating but I did print out a recipe for a knockoff Outback recipe - Alice Springs Chicken (has bacon, cheese, mushrooms on top). 

I do know we are splitting a steak for lunch.  That's it.  Just steak.  LOL.  I might throw together a quick fruit salad.
Trixxee - I'm so interested in this book we're reading - especially I'm anxious for you to let us know what/how Michael is reacting to it. This is a first for me to be reading the same book at the same time as a teen and I find myself inserting one or another of my kids into Michael's situation of reading it and I've got so say - one of my kids, I'd grab the book away from them so fast it would make their head swim. This kid would love the ideas he/she would read about. (and probably try to implement them!! Sad )

I'm so glad you mentioned the book - does Michael have to write a paper on the book?? Would you ask him (if he does) if you can share it with us who read along with him? He probably won't, but it wouldn't hurt to ask him later. Don't know why I find this so fascinating.
www.achefsjourney.com
I'm glad you are reading it Jean!  I don't know if he will have to write some kind of essay on it or themes within the book yet but I'm sure there will be some kind of final assignment.  They are on page 64 right now.  Every night he has study guide questions to answer to gauge if they are understanding the plot.   Last night one of the questions was about what the Green Lantern was.  It's a flophouse (if you haven't gotten that far) and Michael said "oh, you mean a brothel?".   LOL!  I know he was initially rather horrified in the beginning that a 3 year old was allowed to make her own hot dogs.

I don't think I'd let these kids out of the house - too much fascination with fire.  Wink

I'm really enjoying the humor in the book.  Jeanette sure takes everything that happens to her and the family in stride.

Edited to add: I think we were both taken aback when the cat got thrown out of the car. LOL.
I'm glad you are reading it Jean!  I don't know if he will have to write some kind of essay on it or themes within the book yet but I'm sure there will be some kind of final assignment.  They are on page 64 right now.  Every night he has study guide questions to answer to gauge if they are understanding the plot.   Last night one of the questions was about what the Green Lantern was.  It's a flophouse (if you haven't gotten that far) and Michael said "oh, you mean a brothel?".   LOL!  I know he was initially rather horrified in the beginning that a 3 year old was allowed to make her own hot dogs.

One of the things that scared the hell out of me!!
On my eBook, I’m on page 21 of 341 (6% in) They are doing their first skedaddle where the cat was tossed. Jesus.

I don't think I'd let these kids out of the house - too much fascination with fire.

Yes, and I had one who was so open to God-Awful suggestions.

I'm really enjoying the humor in the book.  Jeanette sure takes everything that happens to her and the family in stride.

Edited to add: I think we were both taken aback when the cat got thrown out of the car. LOL.

This is fun - thanks Trixxee
www.achefsjourney.com