DINNER THREAD - 3/6/17 - 3/12/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 3/6/17 - 3/12/17 by cjs (Monday's Dinner, 3/6...)
Saturday's Dinner, 3/11/17??

What's for dinner today?? 

Pizza here! I'm planning the whole pizza around a jar of jam we rec'd for Christmas to drizzle over the top - Fig & Ginger jam. I've made a list of toppings to choose from: goat cheese, candied walnuts or pecans, bacon/ham, cilantro, mango, rosemary..... we'll see.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Jean, do you have an Asian market? A couple pieces of cooked duck diced up would be yummy, too.

Not sure what we're making today. Might be cheeseburgers and a green salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Tracie just sent me a picture of her first Charcuterie pkg. My Lord, these look good. She's going to have so much fun.  Big Grin

[Image: Tracies%20Bday_zpskz0hp5dz.jpg]

Are you kidding, Maryann? An Asian market in this little burg?? And, darn it I have no duck in the freezer.....it would be perfect on the pizza.  (but, it's a big jar, so maybe I can get some duck before it's all gone.) Wink
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Just yesterday Michael asked me if I missed our RV.  Now I do!  But selling it for a good price really helped cushion us during this employment transition period.  I hope the couple that bought it is taking good care of "the beast" like we did. 

Tonight it's tortilla crusted tilapia, roasted cubed sweet potatoes tossed with cilantro and lime juice, and a baby greens salad with a little cotija cheese sprinkled on top.
Your entire dinner sounds right up my alley, Trixxee - copied to dup later this week. Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
It does sound good!

Have fun Tracie!

We are doing something with shrimp...Low country Boil or scampi....depends on how the day goes.  Although, I just realized my shrimp peeler is at the lake, soooooo......
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Your fingers are at the lake?????????????????? Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
There is actually a shrimp peeling utensil?
I'm with you Trixxee - did not know that.....not sure I need anything for faster removal..... for poop or shell. Smile

I ran across a pkg. of lamb the other day which I had never seen before – Lamb Neck Slices – so, naturally I had to grab one. After doing a search, I chose a N.Y.Times recipe because it had such an interest story to go along with the recipe, Libyan Soup.

I made it yesterday and you can’t believe how wonderful the house smelled, although the method called for stovetop cooking, I decided to go with a slow-cooker method. What a fascinating combination of flavors and I even paid an outrageous amount for a darn bottle of dried mint!! (Come summer, I must dry some of my mint, that’s for sure!!) The recipe makes a humungous amount of soup, but I’m so glad I made the whole amount – I have 5 containers in the freezer to enjoy for a while.

Here’s the link for the story and recipe – hope it will tempt someone to try it.
http://www.nytimes.com/2006/01/04/dining/arts/in-libya-for-starters-its-the-soup.html

[Image: Mar%207%20Lamb%20Neck%20Slices%20ready%2...hup9kc.jpg]

[Image: Mar%2010%20Lamb%20Neck%20slices%20browni...b6ptda.jpg][Image: mar%2010%20002_zpsjgt3it5t.jpg]

This one is certainly a repeat!!
www.achefsjourney.com
Wonderful pizza today – a little off the wall, but really delicious. I wanted to use a jar of Fig & Ginger jam and build the pizza around this flavor. (goat cheese – needs a lot more next time, roasted cherry tomatoes, ham,  coconut – Daughter wanted me to try it on a pizza, candied pecans, the Fig jam, lots of freshly ground black pepper and drizzled with olive oil.  Great flavors.
[Image: mar%2010%20001_zpsxvdt0hih.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com