DINNER THREAD - 3/6/17 - 3/12/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 3/6/17 - 3/12/17 by cjs (Monday's Dinner, 3/6...)
I've never shared this with you guys?  Shame on me!  You slide the tip under the shell along the back of the shrimp. Forgot to mention, when it slides down the back, it splits the back and removes or exposes the vein with the poop in it. If not removed, it rinses right out.  Works great!

https://www.amazon.com/SCI-Cuisine-Red-S...d+deveiner
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Sunday Dinner, 3/12/17??

What's on the menu for today?? 

Finally have some salmon, so something with salmon. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
We are going to an Antique Mall this afternoon with some friends. Why, I'm not really sure because I don't actually like old stuff unless it's made to look new, but it's something to do on this snowy Sunday. Afterwards, we're going to our new favorite sports bar for the best gyros I've had outside of the Westside Market.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Pizza looks great!  Mmmm...gyros.

I am making our St. Patrick's Day dinner today.
While I was finally getting my hair done yesterday, the girls were talking about making soup today since it's cold and rainy.  We actually had a dusting of snow this morning!  Anyway, I mentioned two of my favorite soups....Zuppa Tuscano and the Lasagna Soup we all love.  The girls wanted both recipes.  Suzanne got excited about the Lasagna Soup and said she was definitely making that one today.

Well, I couldn't help myself....I just had to pick up the ingredients for our dinner tonight.  I'm about to get it going up to adding the pasta and spinach, so we can have a quick, easy dinner tonight.
Daphne
I have had Zuppa Toscano soup on my to do list forever and now I'm afraid I may have missed the boat.  Sure hope this heat wave is only a week long.  It's almost like a shock after a long cool rainy winter.
Trixxee, our weather has been crazy this winter, too.  It has been VERY warm for us, but we have had several really cold spells thrown in.  For example, last week, we had beautiful days with mid to upper seventies.  Then today, we woke up to snow!  And I have to move my plants under the awning for two nights of below freezing temps. REALLY?!?!

So I guess I'll get to make both soups one more time before warm temps show up to stay.
Daphne
Geez, and I don't even want to get started on our weather this year!! Smile

Had a full bowl of the Libyan soup last night and I found something completely new to me - taste-wise. As I was starting to eat it, I felt the soup was lacking something and I would need to do some work on the recipe. But, as I continued eating it, I realized it didn't need a darn thing - it was a delicious, completely different flavored dish than I had ever tasted. Really  surprised me.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com