DINNER THREAD, 3/13/17 - 3/19/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 3/13/17 - 3/19/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Thanks guys!  Trying to keep this lighter way of eating interesting before one or both of us says screw it.  ;Wink   Plus Tony brought home 4 large sweet potatoes the other day so trying to figure out new things to do with them.

Your dinners sound great too!
Trixxee, you are a real trooper!  You guys have kept up this lifestyle WAY longer than I think we could have!

We went for Tuesday Night Wing Night again....our own Motley Crew night.... Just a new mix of crew each week of old friends, but always our favorite servers and restaurant owner to chat with.  This will probably change when the summer crowd moves in. I'm dreading it for us.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Oh Daphne, aren't these kinds of night fun??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Wednesday's Dinner, 3/15/17??

What's on the menu for today?? 

I seem to be craving a family favorite of the last couple of years. Sweet Garlic Chicken - but, don't know what we'll have with it yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Daphne, you will probably be busy making new friends at your RV park by the time the "tourists" come through. Campers love a party! Big Grin

Haven't decided on dinner yet. It's so cold and snowy that I don't really feel like going out but need to pick up a few things. Thinking about making those pork chops that Jean made the other day.... Undecided
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Be right there, Maryann!! Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Trying another new recipe - egg roll in a bowl.  LOL.  I think I will sprinkle a few of those crispy wonton strips you find in the produce aisle on top.

http://www.bunsinmyoven.com/2015/08/24/s...in-a-bowl/
haven't done egg rolls forever!

I just love this Sweet Garlic Chicken - think it's my favorite ! And  a pasta salad.
[Image: Mar%2015%20Sweet%20Garlic%20Chicken%20pa...e9rbwa.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
That's something to look forward to, Maryann!

Trixxee, let us know how you like it!

Jean, we are so enjoying our new social life!  It has been so long!

We are still suffering cold temps, so I had put soup and chili on the menu for this week.  Tonight is the Zuppa Tuscano version a friend lightened up with cauliflower and Italian Turkey sausage.  

Trixxee, this would be a good one for your diet, if your temps drop down a little.  No carbs!  And super delicious!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Thursday's Dinner, 3/16/17??

What's for dinner today??

Pizza here with the leftover Swt. Garlic Chicken
www.achefsjourney.com