DINNER THREAD, 3/13/17 - 3/19/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 3/13/17 - 3/19/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
That all sounds really good, Trixxee. Natural methods are great when they work. My daughter has been using tumeric for a while now, and also green tea.

We are having a traditional corned beef dinner with potatoes, cabbage and carrots. And beer, of course. Big Grin
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

Fusion goodness – Libyan soup and Irish Soda Bread – what’s not to love!! Taking a batch of soda bread to a Motley Crew buffet tonight and tried it out today.
[Image: mar%2017%20001_zps2d6ns1j1.jpg]

[Image: mar%2017%20004_zpsmxsi3oc7.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Long stressful couple of days.  We are just doing leftovers.

It's a shame, there is an authentic Irish Pub practically across the street, with live bagpipes and everything!  One of the owners is one of our builders.  His Irish accent is adorable!  Maybe next year.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
enjoy your weekend, Daphne!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Saturday's Dinner, 3/18/17??

What's on the menu today?? 

I'm using the last piece of chicken to top garlic pasta - I kept the goop from the chicken and it is wonderful tossed with the pasta.

For breakfast tho, I'm having a slice of Soda Bread with "Irish" Whiskey butter - was able to get a few pieces home from a wonderful!! St. Patty's dinner last night.
[Image: mar%2017%20soda%20bread%202_zps2q8mry0w.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
We're going out for bar night with friends so will have to try to look for something healthy on the menu. The place we're going does a great antipasta salad, so sometimes we share one of those and split a sandwich.
Maryann

Darn it, used the last of my Sweet Garlic Chicken tossed with Garlic Pasta and topped with capers (have not done this before). Very good – and I will repeat, if you make this chicken recipe be sure to keep the ‘goop’ (technical term) and use it to flavor whatever you do with leftovers.  Great flavors.
[Image: mar%2018%20001_zpspbizbycb.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
I love the technical term!  LOL!

We are having Cooking Light Beef Stroganoff with peas.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Sunday Dinner, 3/19/17??

What's on the menu today?? 

I've had a large can of tuna staring at me in the pantry for a long time, so I'm making an old fashioned tuna casserole with another old family salad - carrot and raisin.
www.achefsjourney.com
We are going to use the l/o corned beef to make some sandwiches. I saved the cooking liquid so will probably cook a few baby red potatoes and some carrots in it.
Maryann