DINNER THREAD, 3/20/17 - 3/26/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 3/20/17 - 3/26/17 by cjs ([size=medium][b][u]M...)
No worry there, Maryann - I either buy low-sodium or use my own chix stock and noodles soup.

Have a fun, 'bad-for-you' dinner today!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Have fun Maryann.

We are having chicken stuffed with goat cheese, fresh basil and scallions.  Asparagus on the side.
Have fun, Maryann!  And I love your soup idea!

We ate so late Friday, we both had a large portion of steak leftover, so I'm making Beef and Broccoli (heavy on the broccoli).  I found a "Restaurant Style" version online, and I really like the flavors.

We managed to get back to Southport really early today, and I so enjoyed sitting on the patio and dozing.  It has been a gorgeous day!  Now off to prep dinner.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
I’m loving fresh veggies again – today’s dinner: oven roasted garlic shrimp with zucc noodles (baked in the goop from the shrimp), and roasted Brussels sprouts and a fruit platter of mango and banana.     Embarrassed to say we had 4 bottles of wine open and all were good with the entire dinner… Pinot Gris, Black Box Syrah, Chardonnay, and a Ravens Wood Zin.  And we ate it all!!!
[Image: Mar%2026%20shrimp%20zucc%20noodles%20b.%...yrxmaq.jpg]

[Image: Mar%2026%20ate%20it%20all_zpswnmfbwvd.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Dang!  I forgot the spiralizer!  William has to go back one day this week to pay taxes on the truck and my car.  I'll have him pick it up then.  I'll wait to do the planned shrimp scampi until it gets here.  Thanks for the reminder Jean!

Oh, and I noticed Clem's Seafood has opened for the season, so I will be able to work more seafood into our diet! I'm excited! I love Spring!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Oh, me too, Daphne!!
www.achefsjourney.com