DINNER THREAD, 3/27/17 - 4/2/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 3/27/17 - 4/2/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
I love Ramen Noodle dishes, Jean!  Let me know what you think.

It was another beautiful day, so I knew I wanted to grill.  But I'm still prepping for taxes, so I needed something hands off.  So I decided on BBQ Chicken (legs and thighs).  I played with my little grill and managed to char up my chicken skin better than ever!  I had corn on the cob and green beans on the side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
I'M here for the time being anyway.   In addition to it taking Sumsung over 5 weeks  to rectify the burnt phone in any way shape or form, we just bought an LG Saturday - still trying to figure out how to use it.  So that's a $600 phone, and so far Verizon/Samsung has not written off the $200 we still owed on the burnt phone, nevermind the quote for new carpeting they asked for.

Then, my lap top crashed!  Something bad with the hard drive.  It's being fixed but in the meantime I have this 5 year old Netbook (from the stone ages) but at least it has a keyboard unlike a LG tablet I have.    Expect lots of typos though - keyboard is so small.   Sad

They are at Disneyland today - I opted to sit this one out.  Time for a guys trip and cousin trip out.   I may just have a hot dog for dinner.  LOL.   But I do a freezer full so no chance of starving.

What was the question about the Glass Castle?  The class is on page 222.
Oh Trixxee, I think you deserve a day to yourself - baby it up!!!! I'm sure glad my dinky flip-phone doesn't burn up. Sad

I haven't gotten back to Glass Castle -between working on a cookbook and trying to get thru a darn good mystery (I have to hide in the bathroom to not see all the stacks of recipes/papers), time is getting away from me. I'm only on pg. 72 - will grab it next.

Good luck getting thru the next few days before you're back in the world. But, enjoy yourself! Go get a manicure or pedicure - (I wonder if I'll ever get one of those before I die...) Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Yes to the mani/pedi!!! Haven't done that for a while now, but it never fails to make me feel better. I just might have to do that! Hope you get things straightened out soon, Trixxee.

I'm the one who had a question about the Glass Castle. I finally got the audio version from the library, (books are still out) so I'm listening to it, which I really enjoy anyway because it keeps me entertained while I'm doing housework. Anyway, I'm only just finishing the first CD, so didn't get very far yet. The family is living in the desert and getting ready to move again. I'm listening to background on the father, but nothing about her mother, yet, and it made me curious if her mother was of Indian ancestry because she is knowledgeable about Indian medicine?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
If you don't mind buying a used device, check out Swappa. When the screen on my Nexus 5 phone (made for Google by LG) went haywire, I bought a used one on Swappa and was so pleased that when the battery in my Nexus 10 tablet (made for Google by Samsung) was on its last leg, I went back to Swappa and got a used one. Great experience again.

Swappa is a site where people can sell their used devices without the eBay-style auction structure. In addition, the Swappa staff have the sellers do certain things to prevent having someone represent a broken device as working. For example, they give the device a unique serial number within their system and then require the seller to put that number onto a sheet of paper and then photograph the paper alongside the device with the device on and working. That way, buyers can see not only that the seller isn't just using a stock photo, but also what the condition of the screen is, etc.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
I'll third the mani/pedi!  Like Jean, I've never had one, but I hope to get one some day soon!  It does seem you are having some major technology issues these days!  So you deserve it!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.