DINNER THREAD, 3/27/17 - 4/2/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 3/27/17 - 4/2/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
We're going out with friends tonight to a local restaurant/pub. So no cooking for me.

Daphne, you sure are lucky to have a friend to give you asparagus. When we had our trailer in Pa. I had a neighbor who brought me huge bundles of it. Oh my, it was sooo good!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I know!  I'm so excited to have a source!  And Kurt owes me big for getting William to go with him to see our building inspector about a fence issue for his new commercial property.   Angel

Have fun, Maryann!  And good luck deciding, Jean!

William was so impressed with dinner last night, he asked me to challenge myself to pick something equally as great.  So I went to our local seafood market and found fresh local seabass...his favorite!  I've gotten over myself about precut veggies in our current living quarters.  So I picked up boxes of different squashes and mushrooms and one of peppers and onions.  Everything will be grilled.  I picked up grilling baskets today.  Dessert is fresh fruit!  Summertime eating begins!  Big Grin Cool Heart
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
"Summertime eating begins!"  Tongue Not here, damnit!  I did sit out in the sun (for ~15 min) and talked to my grill, but the clouds moved over and the wind picked up and I went in the house with my tail between my legs....

But - if I'd have grilled I would have missed one of the best dinners we had in a while! I found out about Rana Pasta products a few weeks ago and I love them!! Tried out the Butternut Squash Raviolis today - Roy had a Smoked Sausage with his. Daphne, this is a perfect product for the trailer - Good size and so easy to make a complete dinner.

Rana Butternut Squash Ravioli with Prosciutto, Parm, olive oil and garnished with candied pecans. Wine – Two Vine Gewürztraminer. One of the best dinners we’ve had in a while – not to mention how easy & fast. The salty prosciutto plays off the sweetness of the raviolis perfectly. Will certainly buy these again. I’m loving the Rana products!! (don’t work for them, just enjoying finding them)

[Image: Apr%201%20B.nut%20Sq%20Ravioli_zpsexyime6x.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
William is drooling!  I'll look for them, Jean.  Are they sold frozen or fresh?
Daphne
fresh - check the products out online - there is a lobster ravioli one also, but our Podunk Safeway doesn't carry it - so will have to wait for a trip to the city....

Tracie absolutely loves their pesto. I'm out in the freezer so bought a container, but haven't tried it yet.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Tonight was a night for lessons.  While I knew I didn't have Chilean Seabass, I expected more flavor and less bones!  I should have gotten the grouper.  Also, the grill pan I got for the fish will probably go in the garbage.

On a positive note, I figured out that grilling veggies right on my little grill work!  I did them in foil last night and they were almost steamed.  And the basket I got today, was too big for my grill.  I'm really glad, because I may have never taken the risk putting them right on the grate. That doesn't work at home....they fall through.  But tonight, they were PERFECT!

[Image: IMG_0686.jpg]
Daphne
I'm glad you were able to grill them directly on the grill - so much better flavor, I think.

And, don't forget the 'double decker' trick of putting 2 bricks on the grill and topping them with a grill for an easy way to have 'almost' indirect heat on the little guys.

[Image: Aug%2013%20Chix%20on%20grill_zpsm3brcvh5.jpg]
[Image: Aug%2013%20Chix%20done%20on%20grill_zpsmitmmuvo.jpg][Image: Aug%203%20Using%20Grill%20as%20Oven_zpshe8oqpbf.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
Sunday Dinner, 4/2/17??

What's for dinner today??

Have no clue here...
www.achefsjourney.com
Sorry, I'm no help. No idea what we'll do for dinner. Might just take out a quart of soup from the freezer and make some "melty" sandwiches to go with it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I did the same, only one of two tuna casseroles left. I did see a Ramen noodle dish I may do for our later snack.
www.achefsjourney.com