DINNER THREAD, 4/3/17 - 4/9/17
  Re: (...)
Monday's Dinner, 4/3/17??

What's for dinner? 

Not sure here - got busy yesterday and ended up eating out of the freezer both meals. So, will cook something today.

I so seldom use miso that I hate buying a container and throwing away more than half of it and it is hard to find here in town. Saw an idea for subbing for miso using mayo, tom. paste & fish sauce. Made some up yesterday, so I may try it in something today - it has an interesting flavor.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Made the Mushroom and Bacon Breakfast Muffins this morning. Fabulous!
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
Jean, should we start a new thread for this week or just change the date?

I have a container of miso in my fridge that I use in soups and vegetables and it's been in there for a few months. Should I throw it out? I have seen differing opinions on this. Some say it will keep for a year or more as long as it's tightly sealed and refrigerated.

Dinner tonight will be a chef salad topped with fried chicken fingers.

ETA: Labs, we were posting at the same time. Nice to "see" you!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."

duh! Guess I'm still asleep..... all's well now, I think. Smile   Thanks Maryann.

I've heard differing opinions also re miso - but I probably wouldn't use an entire container in 2 years. Last one I bought Denise and I split it and I think we both ended up throwing a lot of it away...so, just thought I'd give this sub a try.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 4/3/17 - 4/9/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Hi, Labs!!!!

I went back to Lowe's to get some more of those steaks on sale, Saturday.  When I got home with them, William wanted to have them again.  I told him he was being silly and greedy!  But today he worked in a bay and the temps got up to about the mid 80's.  He informed me he could tell he needed more protein and that we were going to have steak again tonight.  LOL!  So I picked up some cauliflower, mushrooms and asparagus to go with it.  (Had to pay for the asparagus this time, but at least it was less than $3 today.)
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
[Image: Ly6lYOB.gif]
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
Labs, I love your picture of Mimosa! Give her a hug!

Jean, I was reading an article today that said that you can dry miso, and also freeze it. So, if you can dry miso, I would think you could buy it that way, also. What do you think? Freezing, I'm just not sure about....
Maryann

Hmm...where is everyone today? It's lonely out here. Sad

It's cold and rainy here. So, tonight is Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana, lighter version with turkey sausage and cauliflower. Just as good as the original, IMHO.
Maryann

I have no idea what's happening with the posts showing wherever - or, is it only happening to me. I sent an S.O.S. to Tony, so, we'll see....
www.achefsjourney.com