DINNER THREAD 4/5 - 4/9/17, PART II
  Re: DINNER THREAD 4/5 - 4/9/17, PART II by cjs ([size=small]Somethin...)
I'm a wuss the last couple years as far as grilling goes. I used to go out a scrape the snow off to be able to grill. I just don't want to do that any more...I want to sit in the sun with a glass of wine and enjoy the weather whilst cooking. Smile

We're having a couple of the patties for a later slider AND I made Travelin' Chocolate pudding from my little book, "On The Road" - and, because pie crust gives me heartburn so badly, I'm doing something different. I cut rounds out of both Pillsbury pie crusts and baked them and we'll just add a 'garnish of crust to the pudding for desserts. I have 38 pieces, and if I can hold Roy at 1 piece per pudding, I could make them last for this chocolate and banana, and who knows what other puddings. (no way in hell, tho Smile Smile Smile )

I'm keeping your notes on the horse/racing Trixee - thanks for keeping us posted on the happenings. I'm assuming you had a couple $$$ on Irad.....   Rolleyes

Our dinner today was very tasty - it's a recipe from a AllRecipes - 
Canadian Pork Loin Chops
[Image: Apr%209%20Canadia%20Pork%20Chop%20Fries%...7bt7bp.jpg]

The flavor is great and the mustard cuts the sweetness of the syrup. We loved them. The chop was so large, I have plenty for l/os of some kind - maybe a Mustardy Chow Mein??? Smile 

Trixxee, I'm finding I don't mind the small portions of meat versus having lots of grains, fruit, and other goodies.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
"Trixxee, I'm finding I don't mind the small portions of meat versus having lots of grains, fruit, and other goodies. "

I meant to add yesterday - this isn't a conscious effort, I just seem to be gravitating away from or to the different foods. (I could still eat my weight in shrimp and scallops, tho, I think!! Smile )
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
a couple of results from yesterday's playing with food.

A while back, I 'mushed' up baked beans and used it as a sauce for a pizza - which we really liked and I've done it a number of times now. I mushed up some of what was left yesterday and used it as a 'condiment' for our beef/mushroom slider. Really good addition!
[Image: Apr%209%20Beef%20mushroom%20slider_zpsc3ywskll.jpg]

And, because I just have to look at pie crust to get heartburn, I baked up some rounds for 'pie' - it worked great!
[Image: Apr%209%20Choclate%20pudding%20w%20crust...guifjw.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
What a great idea. Your burger looks delicious!

Jean, I have to agree with you about our tastes changing and evolving as we get older. We are eating smaller portions of meat and larger portions (and variety) of fresh vegetables.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
We ordered pizza while preparing turtle soup to freeze for our Derby party on the 6th. We are watching the Derby from New Orleans at Navasota.!
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
Oh that's right - you're party is coming up! Is your menu in place, yet?

ORDERED PIZZA.?? Shame! And, with that beautiful oven Wink

Oh, and, Maryann, I've always heard olderly folk's sweet tooth increases- but mine is decreasing. I didn't even enjoy my favorite choc. pudding last night, or God's sake!
www.achefsjourney.com
Hmm...sure you're not coming down with something??? I don't crave desserts either, but sure wouldn't pass up chocolate pudding!

Bill, so nice to see you. Do you make "real" turtle soup? My mom used to talk about that all the time. We lived in Philadelphia when I was a baby and my parents loved to go to Reading Terminal for turtle soup. They claimed it was real turtle, too.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Hi, Bill!  Have fun!!!

Maryann, I hope you had a blast shopping!

Trixxee, I have a niece that feels the same way about tomatoes.  I finally decided it may be a texture thing?

Jean, I find it interesting the the pie crust doesn't bother you when baked separately!  Good luck with Roy!  I'd be right there with him gobbling them up!

Speaking of heartburn, William can eat every ingredient in a meatloaf in other applications, but put them together in meatloaf, and he'd have killer indigestion!  Baffling!

Yesterday was burgers and dogs with pasta salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Oh, they bother me however they are presented, but small little rounds of them I wanted to try. Sad

Don't think it's an 'ailment', Maryann - it used to be I'd grab a cookie out of the freezer any time, but now, they just stay there until Roy eats them... weird.
www.achefsjourney.com