DINNER THREAD - 4/10/17 - 4/16/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 4/10/17 - 4/16/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Whoa! No moderation at all - just cut them out completely....I could not do that. Good luck!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Jean, my doc's advice was to do that in the beginning for a few weeks because it helps to curb your appetite and get you used to eating less. If I wanted to start adding back some white stuff, then it had to be in "measured" amounts AND I would have to start counting calories which is what I did the next time I tried to follow a diet.

That meant only 1/2 cup of brown rice, 2 ounces of pasta, or 1/2 cup of potatoes at a meal. I could have up to 2 slices of whole wheat bread in a day, but not at the same meal as rice, pasta, or potatoes, and if I was having pasta for dinner, she advised me to not have bread earlier in the day if possible. The diet allowed 1200 calories a day for meals, and 200 calories a day for snacks, as long as I was walking for an hour every day. No snacks if I didn't walk.

Both diets worked well while staying on it. But, of the two methods, the first one works better for me initially because it curbs my appetite a lot! When I eat bread and pasta, it makes me more hungry and then I'm more likely to lose my resolve.

Here is the other thing that happened. Yesterday, Ron and I made Easter dinner. Even though I ate very small portions of the starchy stuff, I was still "drowsy" after dinner and I didn't even drink any wine. So, I think that following "Trixxee's Diet" might be a better method for me, at least for the time being.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
What a pain! But, all good luck to you, both!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Maryann, HERE is where I first posted my recipe. Note that I have changed the amount of salt from two teaspoons to just one since then.

Hard to believe it's been four years since I posted that.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
Thank you, Labs!

Not really such a pain, Jean. All I've had all day is a 2 egg vegetable omelet and an orange and I'm not even that hungry for dinner. Normally, I would be starving by now! Wink
Maryann

You really hit the ground running, didn't you Maryann?  Good for you.
Yeah, I always do, then about two weeks into it, I start losing my resolve because I miss bread. Hoping I can stick it out longer this time. You are my inspiration, T! Big Grin
Maryann