DINNER THREAD - 4/10/17 - 4/16/17
Wink    Re: DINNER THREAD - 4/10/17 - 4/16/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Have fun Jean.  That sounds good Maryann.

I am picking up 1/2 lb. of pulled pork and 1/2 pound of smoked brisket from a bbq place and I'm going to make another batch of the cauliflower salad.  Smile

With all that meat we'll have a couple of easy lunches.  They also make some really great little rolls that come with any meat and I will treat myself to one.
Have I mentioned I've lost 15 pounds?  Tony has lost 27.    Somehow I only feel like I've lost 2.  LOL.
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 4/10/17 - 4/16/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Hey There!! Good for you and Tony!! Smile

That does sound good, Maryann.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Congratulations to both of you, Trixxee! You must feel amazing! Do you still take those long walks? I just downloaded the Map my Walk app to my phone. It looks kind of fun.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Thank you!  I feel better, but not amazing.  Wink
Believe it or not I just really started walking last week after a very long time off.  And now that I have a new phone I did download Map My Walk  - I like it.  Though I noticed yesterday it kept saying workout paused, workout resumed and I didn't touch anything.  It's nice to track your steps, time, distance, etc.  So in the last three walks I walked almost 14 miles total.  I think those type of apps really do encourage you to keep going.  Today I jumped on the elliptical for 40 minutes for something different since Tony was not in our home office today which is where the elliptical is.
I put on 22 pounds over the last 5 years.  All started with turning 50 and that broken ankle.  I still have a lot of work to do.
Congratulations, Trixxee!

That does sound good, Maryann!

Jean I hope you had a good time!  We passed up going to Wings and Wine tonight for a very good reason.

Our local seafood shop opened up again today.  We were working at the Old Yacht Basin next door today and discovered they had shrimp.  This big guy was swimming in the ocean yesterday!

[Image: IMG_0693.jpg]

Tonight, he is in my belly!  YUM!!!

[Image: IMG_0694.jpg]
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
WOW!! Does that sound wonderful, Daphne!!!Green eyes here Smile 

Ended up just picking at my fries (what I ordered) last night, so came home and had some of the Asian salad from lunch - love the flavors. 
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Wednesday's Dinner, 4/12/17??

What's for dinner today??

Have to think on it here.
www.achefsjourney.com
Jean, it was so exciting to see the shrimp boats back in action!  Back in the day, there were lots of them down there and we could go down and buy right off the boat for 2 to four bucks a pound, head on.  But the government started making it harder and harder with turtle traps to save the sea turtles from getting caught up in the nets, among other things.  And gas prices was probably the last straw. So that many of the hobby fisherman and shrimpers sold their boats and got out of the business.

The Potter Family boats have been down there still, but I learned quickly last fall that they had not been running for several years.  That was why I was so excited yesterday!  Back in action!  I will try to take pictures next time we are down there.  I'm sure William will need to take more shots down there.

As for dinner tonight, we have a late afternoon funeral today, and we have been invited to eat with the family after the service.  So we will probably just snack later this evening.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
And, that is progress.................. Sad
www.achefsjourney.com
Daphne, you are making me want a vacation to the coast! Lucky you!

Trixxee, I sure admire your discipline. You are inspiring me, that's for sure!

On the other hand, I'm taking my dad out to lunch today to a nice Italian restaurant, so probably won't be eating "healthy" but will certainly try. Since I won't be wanting much dinner tonight, I will bring home something for Ron and make a salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."