DINNER THREAD - 4/10/17 - 4/16/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 4/10/17 - 4/16/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
I'd take the fish over my dinner any day, Daphne.  How I love seafood.

I have a couple of ideas swimming around.  A thai coconut shrimp bisque from the Celebrate The Rain cookbook sounds delicious, and then I also have a japanese style  pork (or chicken) cutlet served with an onion broth sounds good.  I made this recipe about 13 years ago and I found it on this forum this morning posted by Billy.  At the time I didn't know anything about Cuisine at Home.  A friend had passed the recipe on to me.  I'm pretty Daphne has made it with chicken.  I know Blane has.
Ron came home with a bag of asparagus, so we will grill that along with some salmon. Not sure what kind of glaze just yet, but that blood orange glaze sure sounds good. Hmmm.

ETA: We were posting at the same time, Trixxee. Given a choice, I would eat fish every day.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Trixxee, is this the recipe from Issue #32?? If so, I've made it also and we really liked it.
I need to pull "Celebrate the Rain' book off the shelf - haven't looked thru it for a long time.

I'm with you both - I could eat fish/seafood everyday, too
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
That issue was before my time but so was the recipe so probably!  This is what I found on this site.  I am going to use pork tenderloin slices - that's what I've done before.
Japanese Style Pork Cutlet

Recipe By :Cuisine Magazine
Serving Size : 4 Preparation Time :0:10
Categories : Pork-Ham

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1/2 pound pork loin cutlets
1 1/2 cups medium grain rice
2 cups yellow onions -- sliced
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup mirin -- see "sauces"
1/2 cup soy sauce or oyster sauce
2 tablespoons sugar
4 slices fresh ginger
6 large eggs -- lightly beaten
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 pinch black pepper
2 1/2 cups panko (or bread crumbs)
1/4 cup oil
green onions -- chopped

Prepare rice according to package directions.

Before breading cutlets, beat the eggs in a shallow dish (like a pie plate), mix flour, salt and pepper in a second dish, and place the panko in a third dish.

Pound cutlets between sheets of plastic wrap until 1/4-inch thick. Bread cutlets by first dredging both sides in flour mixture, then dipping into the egg, and following with the panko. Then "double bread," dipping into the egg, then panko again. Transfer to a rack or plate until ready to fry. Heat oil over medium-high heat in a skillet.

Fry cutlets in batches, browning on both sides until cooked through, 6-8 minutes total. Transfer cutlets to a cooling rack set over paper towels to drain.

Simmer onion, broth, mirin, soy sauce, sugar, and ginger in a large saute pan over medium-low heat until onion is soft, 15 minutes.

To serve, place 2 cutlets in the simmering broth (if desired); cook 1 minute to warm through. Remove and slice cutlets, place on top of some rice, ladle with broth, and sprinkle with green onions.
We are going to grill steaks and more asparagus!

Jean, I've never had blood oranges, but it sure sounds good!  If it's anywhere near as good as the Orange Glazed Salamon we love, it's going to be great!

I was posting also! Trixee, I have done it with pork and chicken and love it both was! I need to put that on the menu for next week!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
That's the one!! If I remember right, I've used different meats also.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
This Blood Orange Glaze is a real winner - and the fried cod was tasty, too!! Will be a repeat! with a little rice pilaf and asparagus

[Image: Apr%2014%20Roys%20Cod%20w%20Blood%20Oran...lhiasr.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
Very nice, Jean!  Did you already post the recipe?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
No, here it is - This recipe is all over the internet, but some use soy sauce instead of the Worcestershire – I was pleased with the Worcestershire. I want to try this with salmon, also.

GLAZE - Blood Orange Glaze

In a small saucepan, combine:
1/3 c brown sugar
1 T. honey
1 ½ tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/3 cup blood orange juice.

Over med-high heat, heat until the mixture begins to boil; bring heat down to med-low and continue simmering. Simmer for about 7-13 min. until the glaze has thickened and reduced to about 1/2 the original amount. (I simmered mine for about 8-9 min.)
Found this on a Martha Stewart link.

the breading for the cod was flour, egg/milk wash, cornmeal/cornflake, s&P
www.achefsjourney.com
Saturday's Dinner, 4/15/17??

What's for dinner today??

I'm going to do something with Butternut Sq., but don't know what yet.
www.achefsjourney.com